Nanjg 105c Question

Hello everyone this is my first post but Ive lurked for a year and I have been a flashlight collector for over 10 years. I can never have enough. :bigsmile:
anyways I put together my first light from an Ultrafire wf-602c host I got from fasttech. I got a nanjg 105c on an xml t6 with a 3.0v tenergy cr123 battery. The light works great but its only giving me one mode and its not as bright as I was expecting for an xml at 2.8A. Its about as bright as a q5. any ideas? Thanks

Not sure, but isn’t that a linear driver? If so, I think 3.0V is too low. Try using a Li-Ion cell (16340 matches the size of CR123A).

This^

You will either need a higher voltage battery as David mentioned, or a different driver (boost driver, usually aren’t high performance).
…………….
Btw, welcome!

Ok ill try the 16340 battery. Is olight any good? I found a 2 pack rechargeables for about 8 bucks on amazon. Lol I assume as long as it doesnt say fire on the end of the brand name Ill be good.

Those are fine. You’ll need a liion charger if you don’t have one already. Xtar MC1 or nitecore um10 are good options.

Yup I just checked and my Cytac all in one charger can charge the 16340s. Sweet! Thanks guys ill let youall know how it goes when I try the batteries.

Cytac has several chargers; check the reviews: lygte cytac - Google Search

Well, I got the modding bug and couldnt wait for the shipping of the batteries… so I put that xml into my ultrafire s5 that had a q5 stock. Now im thinking of getting that nanjg 105c into my s5. Then ill put the stock uf s5 emitter and driver into the 602c.
Anyone know how to get the driver out of the ultrafire s5? It seems to be stuck to the pill maybe its glued?