I didn't like the Blue Convoy S2+

Now I love it!

What do you think?

Kind of looks like an oil rubbed bronze color. Not bad.
Did you toast it? :evil:

Cooked it on the propane stove!
At first it just turned in to a even gold colour which I liked better than the blue. But I was aiming for the bronze so I sprayed it with some thin oil while it was still hot an toasted it for a minute or so. Very pleased with the result.

Nice! If you had to do it again, anything different? The way it is looks great to me….

Did you remove the switch? I’ve baked several of my black lights and I love the orange that they end up as…

Man I like that. I’m same way with the blue. It’s a nice light but the blue doesn’t appeal to me.
So will the finish hold up like normal? What happens if it gets too hot?
I wonder what red one will do?

Nice! The photos probably only give us a hint of the degree of richness that we would see in person.

..." My office smells of rich mahogany " ...

Nice!!

Yes. I wouldn’t do it inside. When I started with the oil there was some heavy fumes and smoke. Also the fire alarm went off! Did it in my garage…

I think it will hold up pretty good. Tried to scratch it with a small screwdriver and it is at least as good as before.

And yes it looks much better on real life then in the pictures.

I tried this with mine the other day and it didn’t really darken up like yours. I cooked it till it was a nice even gold color and then sprayed corrosion x on it. It’s dark gold and kinda streaky burnt bronze. So what kinda oil did you use?

I used a thin oil called CRC 2-26. Its mainly for electrical componets.

Looks nice!

Nice work. Planning to do the same with my convoy s2 but i don’t know if i will get that same color with gray s2.

That looks great. Can someone explain the process in detail to me? or point me in the right direction? I have a blue and a red host on the way. I was originally going to strip the anodizing off of one but this could be an interesting option.

Hm, the black and gray ones cost less, don’t they strip down to the same appearance?

Yes, with the exception that the red and the blue have a metal clicky switch.
I assume that’s why they cost more.