Solarforce L2 "Black Version 2011" available

Here´s the link:

http://www.solarforce-sales.com/product_detail.php?id=247&s=1&t=FB

Looks like basic L2 with nice matte finish!

In fact, seems to be 6mm shorter than the original :

Size (length x head diameter x battery tube diameter): 140 x 32 x 25.4mm

I never did like the shiny black.

Ditto BUT I did sell my L2P because of flat tailcap. Still have L2i which has a) matte finish b) easier acces to clicky yet tailstandable if needed and shorter.

L2i at home and L2m with full body at work. It´s now this or the L2T.

Hmm, I think the missing millimeters from length may be from that smaller bezel ring...

So, the body is possibly the same size?

I have the shiny black L2 I purchased off ebay a couple of weeks ago. Damn, I should have waited for the newer version..

has anyone picked up one of these "2011" L2 or L2m hosts yet? if so, impressions?

Man this L2 is nice! Might take some appeal away from the L2P…I’m going to order one when I start getting regular pays…stupid strike lol

My new version L2M was shipped from China today. Hopefully I'll have it in 10 days or so..

A pity that they went for the tactical bezel again. The 3A switch is very nice though.

a L2M, nice! that's the one i was looking at. i'm looking forward to hearing your impressions.

I got the new L2 today. Wow. Just wow.

The body is shorter. (no problem with unprotected cells anymore... yay!)

The finish and knurling are great. better than the original L2 AND the L2P. Very grippy.

The bezel ring is still annoyingly sharp, but it IS shorter by a mm or two.

It is the best Solarforce yet, if ya ask me. I'm sure the new L2Ps are equally nice.

Unbelievably good combo: 2011 L2 with L2T head with SS bezel ring. <drool>

Hmmm...

Would you rank it higher by the feel / useful from-factor than L2T?

So it is in fact shorter from body. I was thinking it was only because of the Bezel ring..

Side-by-side -pic? :)

I like the L2T, I just don't need the cigar grip nor the fwd clickie (its fine, just not necessary). Too tactical for me. :)

I'll try to get a pic or two, but I'm too busy playing lego right now. LOL

I can't tell you how much I like the L2T head on the L2. I haven't liked the look of the head of the L2T until I put it on the new L2.

Pictures (click thumbnail for full-size):

Old L2 vs. New L2 (stock)

Heads/Bezels

A Line-up (far right is modded L2P)

The L2/T hybrid

Thanks for the pics, mitro ;) That matte finish is very similar to L2P. BTW, that L2/T hybrid is awesome :love:

Saw the hybrid picture , now have to get one .. especially since I have a spare L2T head ..

mitro, the L2T has an unusual texture or feel. I take it that the new L2 has that same finish?

The new L2 looks more similar to the finish of the L2p than the L2t to me, which would you say it is more like?

I couldn't resist ordering one after reading this thread, so I guess I can compare them myself in a week or so anyway. The shorter crenelated bezel looks awesome too, I hated how pointlessly long they made the last versions..

The finish is in between unfortunately. It's not quite as matte as the L2T but more so than the original L2P. The knurling is identical on the L2T head and L2 body. The L2 and L2T parts look pretty close unless you are in bright light.... and if you are in bright light what do you need a flashlight for? LOL