WARNING: Cometa – read/fix BEFORE inserting battery

Actually, now that I have disabled the “medium” taps (which I kept triggering accidentally), I really like the UI. Very flexible. I have it set up as 5 modes, no “backwards” mode movement, no hidden modes. Pretty straight forward.

Sorry for posting on topic comments in the middle of an argument. :wink:

Sorry for posting on topic comments in the middle of an argument. :wink:
[/quote]

forgiven…

Argument Surely you jest, this is just a lively discussion. :wink:
————————
PS/Your right about those “medium taps” too. They had me confused badly for a while……… :person_facepalming: … :slight_smile:

This is still a discussion about a flashlight.
Please come back to this theme and stop talking this thread dead.
Many people are reading here. Most of them waiting for news about the Cometa.
It’s hard enough to follow this thread either.

Works for me. :slight_smile:

Does anyone know for sure if the seller has given any reason at all why the spec’s ‘Cyberescudo’ specified were totally ignored? [ They are listed above in #3. What he last requested and what was received.]

As has been stated before by several people… every one of the problems except a broken lens, solder joints on LED contacting Anodized Cover, or DOA light has been caused by this deviation from specs. If an explanation has not been given by the seller, as far as I am concerned it should be as well as an equitable solution to the deviation.

As has also been stated before, this is beyond a “simple fix” for some people.

+1
I think there are going to be quite a few PayPal claims.
BTW, I’ve had not response from my PM to Banggood over whether existing purchasers will be sent insulation disks.

Abundant passive aggressive & overtly aggressive statements. I will quote your answer as an example to my residents & registrars.

Congratulations, you may yet make it into our permanent curriculum. Please keep sounding off.

Regards,

George

George, you can’t have no idea how little I care.

taken form my sig line with your name inserted

Because I found this here,LOCTITE® - Henkel Adhesives say that it is good for the zooming threads,if I understand well?

This one…. LOCTITE® - Henkel Adhesives:slight_smile:

Thank you.

My pleasure……… :slight_smile:

Has anybody received a Cometa from the 2nd batch yet? I have been trying to keep up with the discussion here, but there is a lot of fluff mixed in.
I lucked out with the random courier type chosen by Banggood, I got direct post. My 2nd batch Cometa was shipped on the 28th of April and the tracking indicates that I should receive it Monday or Tuesday this week.

I hope all these issues with the 1st batch get sorted out by Banggood. They never should’ve shipped those flashlights until they were 100% working. I would prefer waiting an extra week or 2 to have a working flashlight out of the box than have to apply fixes myself, even if they are small and easy fixes.
Hopefully the 2nd batch has the issues ironed out.

Sorry to post this but needed to inform
Remember the stutter?
I decided to have a close inspection.
Findings:

The black disc covering the led is showing blank metal, the wires seem to have worn through

The black disc covering the led is showing bare metal inside the ring surrounding the LED, a corner of the led seems to have worn away the ano there, it shows as artifacts when not fully zoomed in

There is too much thermal paste used (no biggie but still worth mentioning)

The driver components are touching the brass pill, I saw a little piece of silver colored metal on the brass

Needless to say I do not use it now.
Awaiting my order for kepton/kapton tape from Amazon.
Still idk how to address the artifact because of the worn ano directly next to the LED there is no space for tape there.

Pm this to SC as well.

Why not, because it will make them spend more for shipping cost? Recipient of 1st batch not deserve to get same component with later batch?
It will help them preventing many claim because of shorting. This flashlight have flaw (other than not according to specification) that they also stated. We can’t assume all buyers of 1st batch read here and troubleshoot themselves after buy it.

The host should be belong to Jaxman (Jax Z1 host), not sure who doing manufacture/assemble it.

I think in the end it boils down to the question: Who manufactured the Cometa parts?
I though this flashlight should have been manufactured solely by Jax with the chance of less Manker QC drama.
Maybe I’m wrong, but the unasked last minute changes seem to indicate, that someone (Banggood?) tried in a hurry to incorporate the Kronos/Manker 17mm X6/X5 driver to save some money.

Generally it’s not bad to try not to reinvent the wheel, but these changes should have been done by somebody with more flashlight engineering experience (the risk of a short is a disaster) and approved by the Cometa team.

As far as I am understanding things correctly Cyberscudo ASKED for certain components.
But no sample with them installed was actually received (the now used 24 AWG wires were replaced by Cyberscudo for thicker ones.)
So when the OK came for production I think the manufaturer thought the sample provided with 24 AWG wires was good enough.
Also I missed the review of a BLFer who was supposed to recive a final sample to show us what it was like.
For us Q-team very educational and lesson to remain calm and strong till the real correct samples are in!

Please reread post #1499. Cyberescudo tells us exactly what he specified. Those specs were ignored.

That’s it Sharpie! That explains everything,………… Every one of mine was making contact with the slanted part that led up to the channel where the solder joints would have been had it been a 20mm MPCB. And I totally missed that the 16mm MPCB was also a deviation from specs.
Good job try, bad data……. :slight_smile:

NEVER MIND, turns out this was a typo by Cyberescudo. :wink:

[I’ll try to post a pic of the anodized cover underside in a minute so it can be seen.]

The white Kronos BLF led MCPCB used in the Cometa is 19.53mm wide.