WARNING: Cometa – read/fix BEFORE inserting battery

How long will this be available for puurchase? I am interested in seeing beamshots and final numbers of lumens and candela before I consider buying one.

Thanks diffus and Theodore41, I already own two keeppower 5200 and they are very good, use them in my Shadow JM35 and Convoy L2, but I need some more 26650s for the cometa and the S70 that I just ordered :laughing:

Will take a closer look at this comparison site and will be reading your reviews for sure!

K.

The battery,has to be protected or unprotected?Because I find a Soshine 5500mAh, black,and there are protected giving up to 7A,as I see in the above battery test site.

Wow you are more impatient then I am, never thought about checking BG for it.
And of course YAY!

It’s up already at BG :beer:
Just placed an order for BLF A01 copper Nichia, and can’t wait for this one to go live too

The specs on the page need some corrections.

Is 1300 Lumens correct?

Yes, i intend some little corrections such as to indicate that the driver is based on attiny25, tailcap is a lighted tailcap…

Anyone got a link to the BG page it is on please ?

CPFItalia COMETA 2016 Cree XPL HI
:beer:

Wow, the helicopter video looks like a higher output light than 1300 lumen?

Thanks, just had a look :slight_smile:

Come on then Cyberescudo, get the codes out please :wink:

If it’s not too late, put me down for one CW please

Hey I quote from the OP
The COMETA will be ready before 15th April. Big Smile
Italy is in the same timezone as I am, 1 hour 35 minutes and 40 seconds!!!

I hope I’m not too late, sign me up for a NW please! tindrum42

At the moment it’s only listed in the CN warehouse.
Any news on this? This makes a big difference for EU customers if there is no problem (costs) with customs.

As if BG writes $40 on the label, there will be something like $17 or even $13 on it, no taxes, just a looooong wait :wink:

The lower number on the label may slightly reduce the risk that it’s being sorted out by customs, but they are (at least here) not dumb and know how to use Google and this will lead them to the $59,99 price on the BG website.

Aren’t you taxed on what you pay vs the retail price?