What did you mod today?

I purchased it from Richard (mtnelectronics) on 5-2-2015.

Robo819 - You’ve got an old emitter there , if you dedome it , it will be a beast . Made 2 great C8’s with these leds with over 175kcd’s.

Djozz - Another great mod :slight_smile: I really admire your work ! If you ever need any help on the drivers drop me a message (or any “special” driver like zener modded , dual switch etc).

Yes it would throw more for sure. I just did not want a pencil type beam on this light is why I did not dedome it. I have some good throwers already though such as the Maxtoch 2x , M24 (both dedomed and 4.5 amp boards) even a Thorfire C8 that will do 500+ yards of throw , so the Xin I think is good for now.

Thanks for the offer! For the moment I kind of like to work around the fact that I can not flash MCU’s. With affordable drivers with good UI around nowadays (A6, X5/6) there’s quite a few options.

That said, I tried to move the X5/6 driver components to a 22mm Oshpark board and then zener-mod it and despite hours of troubleshooting it never worked.

I sliced the XHP-70 in my Nitecore TM03. Took a bunch of undoing to get there, interesting build…

Did an emitter swap in my Armytek Predator Pro from XP-G2 to XP-L HI V2 3D, the driver is standard so it only delivers a bit over 2 A to the emitter.

It’s not Dale photo quality but here is a photo taken with my Samsung ST70:

I finished a wonderful little Convoy M1 with XHP-50, 2S 18350. As usual packed the driver cavity full of soft potting and all around the reflector. Surprising amount of run time in turbo before too much heat is felt. I love the nice thick shelves in Convoy lights.

Still waiting on emitters to come :weary:

So I half polished my optic. I think I’ll leave it like this. My thinking is that the “throw” comes from outer “walls” of the optic, so polishing that part will get me the throw increase. Then leaving the center textured will help blend the spill better. And right now I think I like how it looks.

I like it! and the theory. Must post beam shots.

I’m uploading pics of Sumptin I did.

Nice polish job PD. What are you going to put it in?

I really like these cute 3s with XPL HI or dedomed. Really good combination of output and throw, IMO.

I plan to use some XP-L 3A’s dedomed

One thing I like about the CUTE-3 is that you don’t have to de-dome anything until you get into triple XHP-50’s. :wink:

Messin with S41 #2. Sucker was GLUED hard. I finally prevailed, but 2 light scuffs on the bezel. Got it apart and wanted to upgrade the wires. This one has a White MCPCB. I used 20 AWG and put it back together. Some foul language as I watched the tint go blue after 30sec. Put it on ML and saw 2 dedomed blue emitters. OK, I got parts… HMMM, Carclo quad is 24mm and Manker is 22mm. Bleep, Bleep… Some time later…

Soldered in Tpad Quad with XP-L HI V2 3A

Kept original driver. Bypassed both springs and 20 AWG. Not gonna have any problems again.

My first Green Nichia S41 on the Left, New built S41 XP-L HI V2 3A on the Right. New personal record, 12.9A

I recently put a cute 3 in an ultrafire F13. Nice having the longer runtime for this high power light.

That F13 triple is indeed a nice light. I did one a while back with my baked Raysoon F13, added a massive copper heat sink, works like a charm. :slight_smile:

Did you leave the honeycomb pattern on the surface or polish it, EasyB?

VW pieces, the little quads are addictive aren’t they? lol Love em, even if they’re Li-ion vampires. :smiley:

Yeah,
this S41 gets too hot too fast with the soldered in Tpad. Long before the 30Q starts to complain.

I also sanded the top of the optic completely flat and polished it back up. It’s the Carclo 10622 24mm, well, now its 22mm for the most part. It does not have the holes or dimples on top like the 10621.

I had polished one optic for the solarstorm K2 triple I made. I put that optic in the F13 and put an unpolished one in the K2.

Cleveland area. I’ll shine it in your direction. :smiley:

I put together my atmel programmer with the SOIC clip and make my first flashings. I flashed Biscotti to my and my girlfriends S2+

Sweet! LET THE GAMES BEGIN! :smiley: