What did you mod today?

Quick and dirty cell phone picture…

couple of years old trit, blue, behind a pink boot from the X6/X6 group buy lights.

Edit: Back in Sept of 2016 I carved a polycarbonate holder for a large tritium vial, like 2x20, and glued it to the flat tail cap (I think was the BLF GT).

So you glued it to the outside of the washer as close to center as possible I assume? Is it a typical 1.5x6mm trit?

Looks like it’s going through the nub?

Going through the post in the center of the boot, drilled it first then pushed the trit vial through. Carry this light every day, literally… typically from 7AM to 11PM.

And yes, normal 1.5mm x 6mm vial.

(Invert the boot so the post sticks up, drilling it is kinda squirrely but it gives the trit a path to follow so as not to break it pushing it through)

Same EDC light, back in Aug of 2016 when the Trit vial was newer, taken with my little pocket Canon S90…

It’s such a simple solution I do not think many people would have even considered it. I’ll have to try this

Can easily find the light in a dark room, zero drain on the cell. :wink:

That looks really cool, Dale! :+1:

However, unless your lathe also doubles as a time machine, it probably wasn’t on the GT. :smiley:

I was thinking the same thing, well, essentially, must’ve been the TM16 I had. Don’t remember and can’t really tell by the picture. I remember making that and putting it on, just don’t remember what light it was. lol

Edit:
Ding! Ding! Ding! Winner! Just dawned on me, it was the Thrunite TN42. :smiley:

Today’s mod just assures i can never get rid of any lights since I’m committed to this custom foam…

Nanuk 918. Found on Amazon for $99. This thing is built very well and came with good foam.

18350s, 1” 18650s, Emisar family, C8 style lights, and finally an L2 and Q8 on the right. The case is pretty tall.

With a case like that: who needs a strike bezel? :wink: Wicked!

Put a screwed-on clip on my Tool AA, this light finally has a chance to be one of my EDCs…
The clip comes from an Amutorch S3 SS

Modded a Haikelite MT07 with XHP70.2 NW.

I bridged the springs on the battery carryer with AWG20 and the big spring with AWG18.
Changed the MCPCB from 6V to 12V and changed the Driver to a Lexel Buck-Driver, he gave me on the Rudelsburg-Meeting. It has 6A at 12V. … relativ conventional and conservative.
I used AWG16 between driver and LED.

Klick on the picture to see more of this mod.

Did you just make a reference to ToT? :open_mouth:

I don’t know… What’s ToT? :slight_smile:

This old Tony. A great guy with a lot of humor that has a YouTube channel about machining and stuff.

Using his lathe he can actually travel through time! :smiley:

My reference was unintentional! :laughing:

I had asked my friend what your reply could have meant and he immediately said, “This Old Tony!” He’s a big fan.

We weren’t absolutely certain that’s what you meant. The lowercase ‘o’ threw me off. :slight_smile:

Un fortunately I have to go to work shortly. ToT will have to wait though I did start watching the pasta machine vid. Funny guy. :slight_smile:

Haha.
Yeah I wasn’t sure if it was TOT or ToT…

Lumintop Tool AA Nichia 219C 4000K on copper 16mm KD MCPCB - Convoy 105c 7x7135 driver, potted. 590lm.
Also installed a better switch, bypassed and rubber boot.