*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

@ Texas Toasted, based on your Avatar, the Hulk Green is appropriate. I like it!!

If thats the green that Sofrin has planned, I’ll pass…………. Maybe they didnt consider the poll…… Jmo. :disappointed:

Nice!

I haven’t seen anything official from Sofirn, but from what I’ve pieced together from various posts, this green was an anodize prototype that they rejected. I got the impression that IF they ever produce a mass market color, it won’t be this one.

Correct :+1: You have one of only a hand full of “test” samples they did in that bright green. (like the bronze version they built for testing. Sofirn is aware of the three most voted for colors from the LT1 color poll topic for the actual production colored versions.

I like this color. But if they make another one, in another shade of green, I will buy it. :smiley:

TT

If you get a newer shade of green, I’ll take that one!

They might still be available.
https://sofirnlight.com/products/prototype-of-lt1

Can someone give me a proper translation of this? 17track doesn’t give me any updates in English since 1/3. And google translate says the latest update is “returned to vote”. I tried 2 other translation sites and got 2 more, different results so I’m not sure what is the correct translation.

A recent delivery from Aliexpress showed “Has been ready to vote” in the interpretted China Post tracking details. But the USPS tracking details showed “Delivered” on that day. It was delivered.

try putting your number in the USPS website, guessing maybe your package is in the US now

I’ve been watching the USPS site as well. No update since the 3rd.

TT, it definitely wasn’t delivered.

If it makes you feel any better mine has been out of customs since Jan 22. It came in to the US in Los Angeles, 2 hours east of me. Latest track shows it in Phoenix now. :person_facepalming:

Sometimes its better to not know.

No, it doesn’t make me feel better. :smiley:

That’s like when I have FedEx deliver a package from Michigan. They go right past Chicago to Berlin, WI, then back south to Chicago. Every single time.

Has anyone else received their LT1 with damaged or gritty threads, is this normal?

Mine just came in and I cleaned and lubed the threads but they seemed gritty. I took a close look and several rows of threads have visible anodization missing and are rough and irregular.

This is unlike any Sofirn item I have purchased in the past.

@ Ilumenati, mine were lacking a good amount of lubrication as well, the threads were galling, so added more myself. I have two units and both were this way. Not missing ano, but not like sp36 or sp70, both buttery smooth upon arrival.

Thanks for the baseline comparison JoeH12.81, I also cleaned and applied lubrication a couple times and it is still galling.

Yes, both my SP36 are perfect, that is why the difference seems so apparent. It’s the missing ano on the corners of the threads that has me a bit worried.

Sofirn just sent me a reply on my missing LT1.

Just a nice reply saying they would check it out.

Yes all 4 so far have messy threads which needed a good clean. And only
One had good thread anodising, the rest are patchy and make it flash as you tighten up the tube. I guess they were not cleaned before adding lube, or something gritty got onto the threads after the lube before assembly.

My Missing LT1

I just came from my local Post Office. I showed them the USPS tracking info from the internet.
They did a more detail tracking inquiry of my tracking number on their system.
The meat of system reply was “Package has no Physical scans. It is possible that the package has not been tendered to the USPS.”
They said the inquiry usually has a picture of the package and this inguiry had no picture. So if the USPS did not get it; then, they can not deliver it.
They suggest I contact the sender. Which I have.