*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

Wait, someone talked about measuring the threads and 3d printing a plug for this thing when ran without batteries.

Doesn’t this use the same battery tube as the Q8? Couldn’t we just measure a Q8 and get a head start?

I say we, I have a 3d printer, but barely any experience with cad. I’d be willing to look into it, but for a quality end product someone else should probably give it a go first lol

Yes, it should have the same threads as the Q8. But you don’t even need the part to be threaded. Make it a tight fit and that should be good enough. Or, make one side of it extend on the outside up to the tri-pod hole. Then you could run a bolt through it into the side of the head to make sure the plug/cover doesn’t come off.

The lantern has 8 total LEDs. 4x 3000k and 4x 5000k.

Note: I believe there was question question about sourcing 2700K LEDs vs 3000k LEDs.

The lantern has 8 total LEDs. 4x 2700k and 4x 5000k.

It should have the same threads as the Sofirn Q8, I have the first Thorfire Q8 and the threads are different.

Yep 8 in total, four 2700K and four 5000K LH531D Samsung LEDs.

I found a Camara lens cap at a local camera store that almost fits it perfectly, i added some foam to it to protect the anodizing.

:smiley: love the sounds of the ol’ Detroits!

Oops, I thought it was only 4 in total :person_facepalming:

Never mind, it won’t affect the calculations I was doing before, except that the lantern should produce slightly more light. I’ve edited my previous posts to reflect the true state of affairs.

Is there a photo of the MCPCB? I’m curious now :slight_smile:

Yes, please look at the OP.

Thank you. Don’t ask me how I managed to miss it before…

Great, how about 30000mAh powerbank? :wink:

P.S. Sorry for spam, but maybe someone will be interested in joining winning BLF team (Banggood 13th Anniversary Sale).

I am not too sure if a cheap chinese powerbank really has 30.000mah (and at which voltage). Also are powerbanks with a real capacity of more than 100Wh (aircraft limit) extremly rare and often to bulky to be real usefull.

OK, I don’t recommend buying this particular powerbank. I’m just saying there are options :wink:

This company however (Baseus) have really good and high quality products:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000093086741.html

Name: Power Bank 30.000mAh, Rated capacity:18.000mAh LOL :person_facepalming: . That’s why I don’t trust chinese sellers.
And why only 18W over USB C PD, most laptops need at least 45W to charge.

If you want to buy such a powerbank from Ali, you should better buy something like that:
Floureon Power Bank 26800mAh
or that
Powerbank 20V 2.25A 3.25A 45W 65W PD (I have seen that one from different brands too)

If the lt1 supports 12v charging what kind of cables are available. I haven’t seen any micro usb cables 5hat are able to connect to a battery or those car lighter plugs. Would be nice if one of those could be supplied with the lantern instead of micro usb cable cause everybody has ebough of those anyway.

LT1 will have a USB-C connector. Buy whatever adapter you need for whatever you have.
For example here’s a USB-C male <> 5.5x2.1mm DC female adapter

Firstly, the lantern uses USB C and second, yes a slimple stupid 12V barrel plug to usb c adapter would be nice, but I am not sure if they would be legally allowed to sell one, because something like that would be dangerous if used with normal usb devices.

Edit: Lagittaja was faster, thanks for the link!

Still though I d rather have a 12v cable supplied with the lantern instead of the easy to find usb c cable. I don’t like having to order separate accessories from different vendors. It’s just a pita.

Yeah. Any adapter like that what I linked shouldn’t be included. If someone needs something like that then they can buy one and it will be on them if they mess something up.

Just to add to my previous post, one option is to buy a USB-A female <> screw terminal adapter to which you can hook up your 12V wires and then a bog standard USB-A <> USB-C cable.
Here’s a 5-pin example https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32889598399.html
One would imagine someone has to make something like that but with a 2-pin terminal block but after a quick search I couldn’t find one.
I guess that use case is a bit too obscure for the chinese manufacturers to know. I know I would buy that kind of USB terminals, few for each connector type.

Or XT60 to USB-A, USB-C and so on. Though I guess it wouldn’t be too hard to make one yourself.
These USB-C DIY connectors are cheap and they just have USB 2.0 pads on them so quite easy to hook up some wire to them and slap whatever connector you want on the other end. Add some heatshrink and et voila.