Thorfire VG10 on sale again $9.99 at Amazon

Just used the code $14.49. Seems ludicrous to buy nitecores at triple the price. I have a mh10 that I kinda hate (switch location) . Be interesting to see how this thorfire stacks up.

Refresh this one because the VG10 is on Amazon for $10 NOW.

ThorFire VG10 Tactical Flashlight LED Torch Light 4 Modes 0.5 - 847 Lumen Use 18650 or CR123A Batteries for Camping Cycling Hiking Hunting (Flashlight ONLY)

Use Code; SQYPGBB4

Mine arrived today too! It’s very nice looking especially with the tac-ring and pocket clip removed. Looks very cool in place attached to the 30mm reflex sight on my rifle :sunglasses: off possum shooting tonight so I’ll see how she goes!

Thanks vwpieces, I had forgotten about this old thread.

I ordered this one as soon as I saw your post...

Thanks been wanting to try this light.

Bump, Thank you guys for spending my money!! (Honestly, thank you for posting the deals!) Picked up three more.

Ditto. I ordered 5 with the cardmember discounts came to under $40 with delivery next week. My xmas shopping is now done

I can’t get code to work

Missed out again code won’t work anymore. Thorfire change the listing to where you have to get the set. Can’t switch it to just flashlight anymore. All there other lights you can switch between flashlight and flashlight set which has the charger and batteries. But just last night you could switch between it on the vg10

They don’t seem to last long at this price. I’ve bought way too many Thorfires for $9.99, or less, lol. I don’t know how many they sell, but it only lasts a couple of days. They have been doing regular sales, though. I’d expect another (Maybe not this light) sale, soon. I get notification if they put it on Slickdeals, so I will surely post it here.

My VG10 bought back in February had a folded piece of paper under the MCPCB, hidden in the thermal grease.. Wut? Yep, they seemed to have used it to keep the reflector/lens from rattling.

I’m not going to check mine, but that’s really odd.
I took the bezel and lens off mine last night to remove some smudges on the reflector, and it (reflector) never moved or fell out even upside down, it didnt appear to need any anchoring what so ever and certainly wasn’t going to rattle in any circumstances. Maybe they have sorted the issue as I only got mine yesterday so it’s a lot newer.

What's holding it in is an o-ring jammed in there around the lip of the bezel. It's black so hard to see. I got mine out with a tweezer, took a little time. No problem though re-assembling. If you try the spare o-ring though, that's a nightmare - it's slightly too small and about impossible to set around the reflector. I tried stretching it for some time, then got it to fit.

I took the paper out, replaced the LED with a XM-L2 T6 or T5 4C I had on a copper DTP from an X6 I think. Funny, because the copper MCPCB is labeled ThorFire. I thought it may be slightly thicker than the alum stock one, but, I got the rattle... Didn't solve it yet.

LOL…this reminds me of the SmallSun ZY-T08’s when they first came out. People were finding cardboard wedgings jamming the drivers to the walls of the tube. Otherwise , there would have been poor grounding.

This is what it looked like:

You can see the paper pattern in the grease:

Pretty bad... Nice they dodn't anodize the shelf, but the machine marks are pretty deep.

Is the large spare o-ring meant to for the reflector? I thought it was to seal the head/tube threads.

Is there meant to be an o-ring between the lens and the bezel?

I really like this light but the one I received from BG seems to be a bit of a reject, the reflector o-ring was not seated correctly and was damaged, the insulating gasket seems to be slightly too thin and causing focal issues, and if it’s meant to be there the bezel/lens o-ring is missing. They’re easy fixes, and I would buy another if I could get it for $11 again.

Well I’ll be, so there is! Didn’t see it last night I suppose I wasn’t expecting to. What kind of real-world performance issues would that paper cause?

I ordered mine yesterday (Friday) as soon as I saw this post... It is suppose to be here Monday, I got kind of order happy these last 2 days with sweet price popping up.

I also ordered this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VINMRO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And a few minutes ago I ordered this, I have wanted any of their testing models for some time now and when I saw this price I could not pass it up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IP3P21K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Gonna be paying credit cards off for a few months now lol.

Yikes! I’ve never seen something like that :open_mouth:

hmmm that’s a PoorFire flashlight :stuck_out_tongue: