Convoy S2+ Desert Tan Available Now!

I’ve successfully removed several of the original silver (steel?) switches without damaging them. They just screw out, but they are in kinda tight. I use a pair of channel-lock pliers that I’ve shrunk some thick heatshrink tubing down over the jaws, so basically rubber pliers. They don’t damage the silver switches but I’m going to be very nervous removing a coated or anodized switch using that technique. Hoping I don’t have to try.

How do I determine my order number? [edit]Ah, I selected other form of payment, then went to next page, then the order number was visible[/edit]

A couple of shorties using a Black Jaxman 18350 tube and a baked Convoy Grey 18350 tube.
The Black Jax looks better than a Black Convoy tube I tried.
I also tried all the colored 18350 Convoy tubes they look especially cool on the Clear version.

FWIW, it should have the Biscotti UI, which is a very scaled-down version of Bistro. It doesn’t have as many config options, but it does at least allow a variety of mode groups. With simpler hardware and half as much ROM space, a bunch of bistro’s features had to be removed.

No worries. Having a bit more flexibility will be welcome.

Has anyone tried to put the magnetic ring on the tan version?
If so, does it fit well and “stays”, and has no problem with the steel switch?!
Thanks in advance :+1:

18350 tube available in Tan on BG

Not yet: “Alert Me On Arrival”

Just ordered a tan and clear S2+ from Simon. He confirmed it was biscotti v2.

Any news on when the clear and tan host be available for purchase?

I ordered a Tan as well, my first Convoy. I forgot to check that it was V2 Biscotti, I was so excited I forgot to send the order number in my first message. Simon sent back a tracking number for me after I sent him my PayPal funds so that went well.

I am looking forward to playing with this light!

Confusion not your fault. I made that post before I heard back from Simon on my order requests. I requested the 18350 tube in my message to Simon, did not/could not order it thru the Aliexpress system. I saw your post about him telling the factory to make a few hundred Tan tubes and erroneously thought they were avail now. Simon corrected me on that through the message system. I did request the free holster and he ok’d it so I was in the first 20 orders. My concern about the case was whether or not the order count displayed by the Aliexpress system was accurate/updated frequently enough.

Everything is fine and it’s on the way. I should have been more specific about what I meant in my post. Do you know when the Tan tubes will be available?

If I understand you correctly, Biscotti firmware is not as good as Bistro firmware?
What now, is it better to buy S2+ with old or new firmware?

Thank you.

Same here, really don’t need anymore reflectors and brass pills, since all my S2+ have received the triple conversion.

Convoy’s old driver is the nanjg 3/5 mode firmware with low (5), med (~40?), high (100%), strobe, and SOS, with on-time memory.

Convoy’s new driver uses biscotti, which gives a choice of 12 mode groups with or without memory, and optionally adds a biking flasher and battery check.

Bistro has never been available from Convoy. It requires extra hardware.

^ Biscotti is miles better than the old Convoy 3/5 mode firmware. Easy to change between the 12 mode groups, and turn memory on/off.

Just ordered a Desert Tan S2+ (1A) from Simon, to add to my three “custom” Black S2+ with Biscotti (1A, 4C, 7A). Didn’t ask for the 15% discount. Hoping the XP-L HI and smooth reflector will add a bit more light into longer light painting tools (though the XM-L2/OP S2+ is no slouch in this regard). Looking forward to the funky strobe too - thanks TK!

As for longer light-painting tools, have you looked at how light sabers are built? They typically have a frosted polycarbonate tube with cellophane wrapped inside, and a mirror at the far end to reclaim light which would go out the end. It produces a relatively consistent brightness for the whole length of the tube.

I’m also planning to make a much more interesting light-painting tool soon, a rainbow saber with interesting color-changing patterns. I just keep forgetting to order PCBs from oshpark…

This isn’t related to Convoy, really, but I think it’s interesting that a Convoy is being used for light painting.

Yes, there are quite a few techniques for more even illumination of tubes. I prefer some light loss through the tube for a bit more contrast to the photo. The S2+ is quite good for light painting as it perfectly fits the Light Painting Brushes Universal Connector (minimum diameter dimensions), thus minimal light is lost in the connector. The memory mode in Biscotti is useful for Light Painting too, as faffing around with modes during a exposure will ruin a photo. No step down is also useful.

Klarus XT series are pretty popular with light painters at the moment due to the UI, as well as some Eagtac and Fenix tube lights, and of course the commercially popular Ledlenser and Coast lights.

Can you please tell me how can I but from Convoy AE store with 15% discount for BLF members.

What is the correct procedure? I checked convoy store but I can’t find any info regarding BLF discount.

Thank you

Kind regards

You have procedure explained on page 29.
Please take a look.

Thank you, I followed the instruction on page 29, message sent to Simon. I hope he will adjust the price.
Kind regards