Xing Ling and other treasures: For your entertainment (and mod projects :)P

Xing Ling (shingee-lingee) is a term used in Brazil to label generic ‘junk’ merchandise, along with fake products imitating major brands, normally originating from China.

A little known, and unappreciated advantage of living in the tropical backwaters is access to cutting edge technology, offered by reputable distributors of name brand manufacturers, apparently intent on introducing their newest products first to a knowledgeable ‘test market’ of savvy buyers.

When looking for cheap entertainment, or trying to find a life for yourself, you can plan your mod projects based on a plentitude of jewels….
You likely had no idea of the models Surefire, and sometimes Sure Fire, keep hidden from you….only 50 bucks for this WTF lantern boasting a 2 kilometer green laser.

!!

!!

- Doubles as a Showerhead?

!!

- Here is the link
3 x AAA is all you need

One the other hand, you may not have been able to afford a Surefire Headlamp until now……

!!
-Only $25
Surefire 250 lumen headlamp

• If you are really on a budget…
    !!
    -All this elegance can be yours for less than $10.
    Your friends will be envious -

• Warning - if purchasing the last item, steer clear of any black Rhinos during mating season.

Maglite clone with 288,000 Watts/ 800,000 Lumens, but only 200 meters of reach?

The only ‘real’ flashlights available in stores I have visited in the lower Amazon region are 3xD cell Maglites starting at a bit over the equivalent of 55 US dollars. Clones offered on the sidewalks are disposable versions with tube walls as thick as beer cans, featuring reflectors that are usually corroded.
The 35 dollar clone shown below, offered via the internet, is powered by 3xD alkalines, and has a 0 to 2,000 Zoom, whatever that means. To its credit, at least there is no attempt pass it off as original.

!!

228.5 Lumens per penny?

Brazil’s version of Ebay is, to be generous, questionable when it comes to evaluations.
Unless of course you imagine you can get a flashlight with over a million lumens for the equivalent of 24 dollars. They added a disclaimer, but didn’t bother to change the ad heading when they started offering the light with 800,000 lumens on Feb. 20.
Isn’t it reassuring to know there are dealers who are concerned with being honest?
Then again, who cares about lumens when you are holding 288,000 watts?
The 6,800 mah batteries are sold separately, with no mention of the insulated gloves you will need.

Even more interesting are the claims and adulations for the seller. Cited as one of the best merchants on the site, with 2,516 sales in 2 years, 100 % of the buyers supposedly recommend him as Market Leader, and 928 purchasers recommend this flashlight.

!!

800,000 Lumen - 288,000 watt flashlight

Do you feel lucky?

If 120 bucks for a 120 lumen headlamp seems like a lot for a third world citizen to pay for this state of the art headlamp, keep in mind that in addition to being water-proof and explosion-proof, it weighs more than half a pound, and includes a high tech headband guaranteed to keep the unit securely attached, though it is unclear exactly how.
It comes with 4.5 Ah (sic) lithium batteries, so you sure as better use your explosion-proof headlamp on an explosion-proof helmet.

!!

!!! !

!!

120 lumen headlamp

It must be like living in a different world.

800,000 lumen :SICK:

μlumen

Too bad we missed out when the Million+ Lumen model was available… :wink:
In case your wondering how to supply your 800,000 Lumen marvel with the necessary current……

‘Professional grade’ Ultrafire Lithium Ion Batteries – 4.2 volt - 8,800 mah for less that 3 bucks each.

99% of his victims are satisfied - 17,063 transactions during the past 8 years.

!!

4.2 volt/8,800 mah lithium ion firecrackers

Worried he might be out of stock?……there is nothing to be concerned about, there are plenty of other fireworks suppliers on Brazil’s Ebay.

!!

• I’m hoping nobody takes this thread seriously :-/

Lol

μlumen, where?

Ok thanks i was wondering is this the same can be said for the china versions ?
I was looking to buy this what you think?

DONT!

This is a case of too cheap to be good SRK clone… this one with no less then 10 supposedly Cree XML emitters for less then $22. Just from the picture the leds appear to be fake. Just a few month ago i bought a three leds one that had similar emitters ’rather faint and bluish) and died after less then one hour total runtime… 25k lumens is just over the top anyway!

Still, at that price it could be rather decent light… If you get it, If it works, and for how long… I would stay away.

LOL…
I hope you were pulling our legs…or leds.
Unless of course it comes with the Pu-238 (Plutonium ion) batteries to fuel it.
If not, you might need to custom order some Trustworthyfire rewraps from The Red Army.