Looking for some calculated Lumen measurements. (Spheres and Tubes)

I’m hoping to get some numbers to help calibrate my tube. If you have one/several of the following flashlights and a lumen measuring device I would love to see your data. Thanks!

Here’s a few fully stock lights with configurations and modes that I have access to:

Colored Convoy S2+ (Neutral tint, 8x 7135) L-M-H
Thrunite TN4A (XML2 neutral) Moon-Low-Medium-High-Turbo
Nitecore EC4S Moon-Low-Medium-High (Not turbo)
Nitecore EA45S Moon-Low-Medium-High (Not turbo)
XinTD X3 (XML2 CW) L-M-H
ThorFire C8s (Pill or integrated shelf) Moon-L-M-H
Maglite 2AA LED. Low-High
Maglite 3D LED high
Nitecore HC50 modes 1-5
Olight O’pen L-M-H
ThorFire PF04 Moon-High-Low
Sunwayman R15A
Tank007
Supbeam K50v2 modes 1-6
Acebeam K70 modes 1-6

The only one i have out of the list is the Nitecore HC50 which i measured on my light measuring device- four x 90 degree bent pipe sections joined with a straight dropper to lux meter which i have calibrated over a couple of years.

L1 - 2 lumen

L2 - 43 lumen

L3 - 198 lumen

L4 - 411 lumen

L5 - 632 lumen

All measured at 30 seconds with a fully charged ncr 18650b protected cell.

Qty 2 Stock X3's rcv'd July 2014, certain they were CW XM-L2's. Here's my stock notes/measurements, sorry only hi mode:

1: 2.85A tail, 986 @start, 972 @30 secs (some reflector imperfections)

2: 2.85A tail, 972 @start, 952 @30 secs (LED off centered, bezel not fully tight)

Another HC50 here, with protected NCR18650B, at 30 seconds, in ‘djozz-lumen’, which according to one inconclusive test may be 9% high, but I keep it until I have a proven calibration:
L1 - 2.0 lumen
L2 - 52 lumen
L3 - 215 lumen
L4 - 428 lumen
L5 - 637 lumen
Measurements were done in a home-made 46cm diameter sphere, the numbers were corrected for the specific reflectivity with the HC50 in the entrance hole.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! If anyone has more data I would very much like to see it.

I’ve been scouring reviews and threads for as many numbers as I can find. A lot more difficult than I anticipated. I apparently need more fenix lights in my collection. :slight_smile:

So I took measurements of a fair amount of my lights. I’m using an HS1010A lux meter.

Each measurement was taken at 30sec, using eneloop XX, 30Q 18650, or Efest 40A 26650 cell(s) where applicable (I had all my chargers on to top off cells).

“BB” is a bypass on both springs.

The estimated output in this table is calculated using the HC50 to come up with a multiplier of .433

There are several anomalies in this table. The nitefighter is exceptionally low (I expected around 900 based on other measurements). A fair amount of the lights in the 700-900 range seem like they’re 100 or so short of what I would expect.

And on the upper end 1500+ the numbers seem rather low from what I would expect. For instance, the TM16 has been measured in the ~4500lm area with optimal cells.

…. Anyway, what do you guys think?

That's what I was think'n in reviewing the list - some of these #'s seem low. I would never ever trust one single Nitecore light though. I got the BLF special deal on EA41's, bought two, and one was over 100 lumens higher than the other, and the high one was closer to the specs. I was very disappointed because at the time, I haven't bought many name brand lights. I gave away the better one, and am stuck with the worse one, on the shelf...

Hhmm, think I got a HC50, should check it...

Yeah I’m severely lacking in the ‘Great calibration flashlights’ department. The HC50 seemed okay since I had 3 sources of measured output, but they very well could be different in my sample. I’m interested to see your numbers on the HC50 if you get some spare time.

I’m thinking about selling a few to pick up something that is known to be consistent and rigorously tested. Not really sure where to begin with that though.

What is the best light for calibrathing spheres or tubes ( DIY ), of course for lowest possible price, but to be good source and correct as much as possible ?

I have 2 lights nitecore and skilhunt and both are Ansi-Nema FL-1standard but when I calibrate with one, on the other one I have higher values, and when calibrate with other on the second one I have lower values. So one of this are not correct so I don’t know which, and maybe both are not ok. :cry: