Ganzo rep told me they use real carbon fiber on the G741cf & G739cf

Here’s a video I just made talking about it. I also removed one of the carbon fiber scales to see if the cf was laminated on the top only or not.

Ganzo folders are actually really good on par, imho, with budget offerings from spyderco and Kershaw. The real axis lock on benchmade are a lot better, really smooth. You don’t need any wrist action and with these you need a bit of wrist action. They do have a few models with liner locks and one with a frame lock. Ganzo’s axis lock works and I actually prefer opening it with the thumb stud, just like how you do on a regular liner or frame lock. And closing with the axis is nice because you don’t have to flip the knife over to compress the liner.

Hope that helps, I highly recommend the carbon fiber ones. Really nice. I posted a link to where u can buy it under the video, in the video description.

Thanks for the video breakdown.
It’s good to know that Ganzo themselves confirmed that they used real CF for these knives.

I have the G739CF and while the CF scale and the axis lock can’t beat my BM Nakamura CF, but at less then 1/10 of what I paid for the Nakamura, the Ganzo is a heck lot of knife for the money.

My more then 100 bucks Spydy Chaparral only used CF-laminate ove G10 scale, so the Ganzo is really bangs for bucks.

It’s amazing isn’t it? The price is so cheap it’s hard to believe. Thanks for the watching my friend. Loving these Ganzo makes me want to buy a benchmade. That nakamura looks awesome, how do you like it?

I Own Both of These Knives , They are Actually Really Nice Quality for What the Price is. They were a little tight out of the box, so I Ever so slightly Loosened the pivot screws with the Kershaw TX Tool & a little Squirt of Tuff Glide & now they both are both super smooth openers. I’m Thinking They Actually are g10 Laminate Carbon Fiber like Spyderco does But still really nice though ! Great Knives ! Great Buy ! Great Video ! Subscribed & Liked.

I tend to EDC knives with 3” blades and weigh less than 3.5 oz, so the Nakamura fits the criteria nicely.
It has a good grip if you have a small to medium small hand, as users with bigger hands always complaint about the handle.
My only complaint is the very slight horizontal blade play, which happens on some of BM axis lock knives.

For heavy duty cutting work, the G739 feels more solid though, especially with the substantial weight and thicker blade.

I’ve been lurking on Ganzo knives recently but still can’t find Ganzo with shorter blade. Any reference which Ganzo has shorter blade length? (6-7 cm, or under).

I think the Ganzo 6 series are 6cm, and the Ganzo 7 series are 7cm.

Check out this thread:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/37478

Not that many.
Either they are discontinued or out of stock, but you can still find some of them.

G718

The deciding factor for me is the weight. The carbon fiber is suppose to be lightweight but its the same weight than G10… I much prefer the real wood version that is light and beautiful.
Maybe its a cheap heavy CF or something else.

Probably I’m the only, but don’t like the look of CF…. :frowning:

Nice Thread Title! I mainly read it to see if maybe there was an “artificial” Carbon Fiber…

THANK you!!

You are not the only!

(PS: as to the weight comments, the Carbon Fiber itself may be light, but the resin(s) used to make it into a structural material are where the weight comes from.)

(PPS: good resin can make your favorite shirt into an awesome structural material, bad resin can make the finest Carbon Fiber into garbage…)

Thanks for the insight. It would have been awesome if it were super light !

thanks raccoon city and akhyar for the leads, I’ll check ’em out.

The “composite” knife scales I’ve seen tend to be solid slabs, “knife-scale-thick” & carved like wood, bone or antler scales.

If you wanted ‘super leggeri’ you could DIY one for yours, with a hollow core surrounded by CF… Or some other ultralight material. If it were easy, everyone would do it.

Thanx Dimbo The Blinky, so we are not alone :smiley:

It’s not per se that carbon fiber is supposed to be lightweight, it is comparatively very light against materials that have approaching mechanical properties (strengh, rigidity etc…), mostly metals.

Not really, some plastics are lighter. Carbon fibre is used because of the stability in combination with weight. On a knife its only for show because it looks good. Titan on a flashlight is similar, its lighter than SS but heavier than Alu. Its also for show more or less

I saw a video of somebody comparing all parts of a ganzo and the original knife for hundreds of dollars and the ganzo was better made, only the steel is not so good. Even a high end steel has a material cost of under 10 dollar i guess

Where can I buy these CF Ganzo knives? G739cf does not seem to be available on Amazon or Fasttech.

http://www.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-and-folding-knives/pp_354408.html

http://www.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-and-folding-knives/pp_354615.html

G7391-CF looks like its sold out but the G741-1CF is in stock.