Auction #5 (ended)

Hi, if you are wondering what this is about please see this thread

This is the bidding thread for -

Group 5

D186 dive light

Stock, sprayed reflector, stepless dimming (low is lowest I’ve ever seen), 1× 26650 unprotected, condition okay

FM 26650 host only

C to M adapter, M to D adapter, m*g head finned by Jesus Hernandes, needs new reflector, condition okay

Trustfire Z2

Stock, it ‘can’ run on a AA but i think the driver is designed for l-ion.

I will not set a minimum price so the first bidder may start as low as they like. I would like to think bidders are offering money to help our friend Old-Lumens, and receiving lights as a reward for their generosity.

End time for this auction shall be 9th July 18:00 UTC. Any bids posted after that time will not count. Any edited posts will not count. I will contact the winner via pm as soon as I can. I will ship out at my cost.

If you have questions about these specific lights you can post here but if you have general questions please post in the other thread.

$40

Whats the reflector used in the FM 26650?

$50

M*g led reflector.

Thanks.

what do you mean by “sprayed reflector”?

And I really hope to get out bidded here.

I would not know how to bring that red maghead back to life.
This being a maghead with bare met seems like the lot Justin would choose to work with and that also puts pressure on the build because I would want to make it he would approve on so I could give it a special place.
And i am sure lots of BLFer can donthat much better then me!

I’n not sure but it could be something like hair spray. It smooths the beam out. OL called it stippled.

I tried to make my own op reflector to smooth out the beam. I give it a mist of this stuff.

Yes cool!
I want to try to fix a now spare Courui reflector with something like this. It can with a mark where yellow was visible and I got a new one (that is lighter yet the same outer size)

I’m sure OL has done a video on the process not that it is difficult to do.
Found it.

It’s not really for repairing any scratched or damaged surfaces. It’s just a clear coat to give a stiple finish.

Great video.
And yeah I want to try metal colored reflective spray paint first before the total removal of the layers down to the bare ALU and then polishing that. Who knows a few presses get the job done and create a bit of a OP effect in near the LED (where the damage is)

Someone has done what your suggesting here before. It was to clean up the beam pattern from memory. I wouldn’t know what to search for to find it. I think a cotton bud was used.

Still no more bids?

Steve, would Justin make a nice triple with this red head?

I cant speak on behalf of Justin but I’d think he would be on some powerful pain killers.
Edit. Just a thought if the boost driver would fit. How would a XHP35 go?

What’s the size of the driver? I’ll see if it fits.

lt is the FX35 or LD51 here.

http://www.kaidomain.com/Search/SearchResult.boost%20driver