Kronos X5 / Astrolux S3 CLIP

Does anyone else find fault with the clip on this light? The way it is made it is too tight a fir over the hemmed material of my jeans pocket. The Olight S15 clip fits the X5, but would be a better fir on the X5 tube if it was a mm smaller. The clip fit is my only beef about the X5. The Olight S15 clip fits pretty good and allows a nice tail end up deep pocket fit for the X5.

Anuone find a better fitting clip for the X5?

I run the Armytek Wizard pocket clip on almost all of my 18650 and 14500 lights. By far my favorite pocket clip.

In stock form, they’re a perfect fit on most 18650 lights.

For 14500 / AA sized lights, I heat them with a torch and pinch them with pliers to ‘shrink’ them.

You may need to reduce the width of the ‘arms’ in order to fit nicely into the recess around the light.

On some lights, you may also need to knock down the small rounded part that holds the clip parallel to the light. I did this for my Zebralight H60* models.

I also grind/file/sand the ‘ears’ off. Be aware that this usually causes scratches on the lights when installing/removing the clips.

I torch the whole clip to reduce the shine and darken the stainless a bit. Clean it with alcohol before heating, or you may get a mottled effect from residual oils.

I’ve found the Armytek Wizard pocket clips from a couple US resellers:

Night Owl Gear has a couple different varieties.

Killzone Flashlights carries only the plain one I like.

I also had success ordering 12 of them directly from Armytek for a little cheaper, but they shipped from China. I contacted them via email.

Thanks so much for that. Looks like a very serviceable clip. I’ll have to get some ordered. Thanks again! Nice bunch of lights. magnets on the headlight clips?

That is my complaint with the Olight and X5 clips as well. I will have to try and track those down!

You’re welcome! I’m sure you will like the Armytek pocket clips.

I discovered them when several people suggested them for Zebralight headlamps.

You’re right, the headlamp clips have small rectangular neodymium magnets fastened with heat shrink tubing. I also put a small cylindrical magnet inside each tailcap spring. I use the headlamps as work lights more often than with the headbands.

The clip can be left in place when the light is fitted to a headband. However, when wearing the headband in a tight space or under a car, the magnet is sometimes drawn to the nearest chunk of steel and causes some hilarity. :smiley: