[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

We are having some trouble finding the Logo’s for the GT that were made a year ago. If anyone has a copy or knows where they are we would be grateful for some help locating them.

In particular we can’t seem to find the plain “GT” logo in the cool font that Will34 (SP?) made.

We are thinking about having the lumintop logo under the switch and the GT logo on the tailcap with the CE/ROHS ect.

The sooner we get these sorted out the better, the production is going to be delayed if we can’t figure it out soon, it is that close.

I can’t help with the logo, sorry. But if it’s so close, do you know if there are going to be spare parts for order such as reflectors?

Edit: if not finding logos, can’t new ones be made?

At this point assume not, but if it proves as popular as I know it will, it is something to request with the next batch.

:+1:
Right now the GT is more than popular!!
Just imagine what BLF modders can do with spare reflectors, from a Djozz style box desing to a three or seven reflector suitcase crazy thrower fun light!

Thanks again!

:+1:

At this stage, it might be best to just redesign the logo with the originals in mind. As I mentioned awhile back, I’m interested in any logos the team approves for my own applications, with permission of course.

The only logos I remember were a fairly basic serif font, though my memory is foggy.

Yes, Vinh got back to me with his lux numbers. With the 70.2 in the MT35 body he got:
6,700 lumen
235kcd lux
970 meters throw

Now with a bit less lumen, 6,000, and the much bigger reflector of the GT, I’m guessing it will break past 1,200 meters.

To add in regards to the logo, designing something akin to the GT of a Gran Turismo might give a sporty nod to the high performance and efficiency of the BLF GT. Sadly I’m away from my tablet but I know we have a few excellent graphic designers amongst us.

Would much rather a unbranded light like the prototypes, if this is to be open for a vote.

It is not going to be voted on as it is too late in the game for that but if we can not find a suitable logo we might have to go with that. We also apparently need the CE / ROHS logos as well, I would prefer not myself.

Lumintop also seems to really want a logo on it understandably.

Quote from the first post:

BLF GT (Giga Thrower or Giggles Thrower)
…………… Marking/logo
We submitted some LOGO ideas, part of the low price being able was that Lumintop wants their logo on it. We have not seen it but expect just the LT Bunny and name.

In addition to finding the old logos, Please feel free to create and submit a new logo for the light. We are not tied tot he old designs, they are simply all we have at this point.

We are planning on a lumintop and/or BLF logo of some sort on the round area below the switch and then a GT and/or BLF logo with the CE / ROHS (and the other logo like that found on the Q8) on the tailcap of the GT.

We are also looking for a logo / Design for the box of the GT.

Anyone is welcome to create and post your ideas, time is key here, the sooner we have them, the better.

I see. The Lumintop bunny is nice and I guess their company name was part of the agreement, but I personally don’t like having the “GT” branded on it. I guess it is too late if the design team has already decided internally that that will be the way it will be done.

I will be gone most of the day today, I will check on this thread when I get home.

Please add me to the list, thank you.

The team hasn’t decided yet.
But why wouldn’t you want the name of the light on it?
How can people otherwise recognize the light?

We all want a simple and minimalistic design, so we won’t be using the huge flats on the battery tube.

Are you kidding? :smiley:

How’s about GT/KONG or maybe GARGANTUA :smiley: Would be cool to have the lettering in glow-in-the-dark, just my 2 cents!

Without a name, it’s just a big generic light and people will constantly have to ask what it is.

I wish I was…

See:

Having ‘Lumintop’ on it would make it easier but still a light like this deserves to have his name on it.

The Lumintop logo and BLF GT written under it would be enough i guess .

CE , ROHS etc could be placed on the tailcap .