FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

Well I guess you haven’t been paying attention.

Edit: As far as people wondering what the 7A looks like, you can always look at pictures but it won’t do it proper justice.
Obviously it’s a warm tint but like if you take a picture with AWB your brain and eyes adjust. Similarly if you first use a 5000K flashlight and then switch to say 3000K, obviously it will look very warm and weird at first.
As I’m from Finland and there’s no proper darkness during the summer I won’t really know if I like the 7A until later this year when I can really use the FW3A. But so far, using it indoors and occasionally outside for extra illumination it’s quite nice and pleasant.

I have the 7A version!

It's awesome, but I like warm tints.

Also a 7A owner. My first properly warm white flashlight. I really like it for indoor use - it looks just like my incandescent lightbulbs. Candle mode is very pleasant too.

I ordered the 7A tint, and I need would have ordered the copper version in a 7A tint as well. It’s a gorgeous warm tint.

I will probably put Luxeon V’s in my original FW3A and move the 7A XP-L HI’s to the incoming copper version as I will use it the most.

Quick question: is there a code for the glow gaskets?

I might order a copper version just to wait for L4P to release the 1mm2 or 2mm2 triple. I think Vinh has already done lights with this config with pretty impressive results. That should make it the truly ultimate EDC.

It seems there might be colored anodizing too.

If I understand correctly, they’ll probably make a limited run of purple ones, and … two of the other colors? Maybe. Not sure. And the limited one might have a moonbeam logo on the button. They wanted to do a “TK special edition” in purple since I keep talking about purple anodizing, and they asked for a logo. So I made up a quick sketch of what I’d like to have on the tail of mine.

None of this is set in stone, of course. But depending on how things go, some of it might be etched in steel.

These are just photoshopped together really quick. I have no idea if it’ll happen, or what it’ll actually look like.

Great news, TK!

I want to get a second FW3A, but I'm holding out for an alternate color.

I know those colors are just examples, but that blue is looking sharp!

You had me thinking that those were real :slight_smile:

I’m wondering too. Is it not there by mistake or by design (there’s no 7A option either)?

The color samples are real. I just added a logo on the button to see how it’d look.

Awesome new colours but what would be really awesome is an FW3A in raw aluminium as originally intended :wink:

a black version would be cool.
But overall, great product with great colors.

I like the blue and the purple, and am ready to show it with my every-lightening wallet.

Had anyone bought one of the new glow buttons?

7A looks nowhere near that orange IRL. Those beamshots dont do the color justice at all.

If theres a limited run purple TK edition its going to be a collectors item someday. The sand and blue look nice too, I wish they previewed a green though. Logo looks great too.

Edit: Bluzie on TLF posted that Olive might be an available color.

I agree wholeheartedly!

I asked Neal will there be SST-20 FW3C and he said:

Just placed my order for an SST-20 light. I hope I got in under the wire.

Good question, I am wondering this myself.

The colors look really nice! Hopefully they'll be available soon.

A logo for the limited run TK special edition is a great idea, but I'm not so sure about that particular logo, it immediately reminded me of the ubisoft logo (its just the other way around, ubisoft clockwise, moonbeam logo anticlockwise).

I sure hope that when more are in stock, they are the same good tint bin. Shame that they’re so hard to find.

As for potential colours - bright red and orange options could be very nice. Perhaps even just a full rainbow of red, orange, yellow, green, blue (light or dark? Hmm…) deep purple and pinky purple. In reality, I doubt all of these options would sell well though, so it makes sense to produce a few that will be popular instead.

Neal just shared this on facebook