The BLF Automotive Car LED headlights, results, opinions and beamshots!

Two things.

First, they are installed in my car.

Second, regarding adjustment. If correctly manufactured to fit the light emitting profile of an H4 bulb, why would adjustments be necessary to put it in an H4 socket? And get correct alignment with the reflector built for an H4 bulb. I have never had a problem replacing H4 bulbs with more H4 bulbs. Although I have never tried crap LED lamps. Some of their other lamps have some adjustment points. I don’t know why they need them.

This particular light has a detachable metal H4 mounting ring. With appropriate H4 bits sticking sticking out in the right places. Then you put the rubber cap back on the headlight and push the lamp through the hole. It twists in the mounting hole and is firmly attached. This lets the lamp body seal, and clears the fan. I would have preferred no fan, but I will find out how well it will work. I bought a couple of spare fans just in case. They are easy to replace. There is no external electronics to run the lamp.

Without a real place to point the car and look, driving with them, it seems to be doing just what they say they will do. Being H4 lamps.

I believe there was a post somewhere above that has a link to a motorcycle site that I believe had some photos of the slightly older version of this lamp. And people were pretty happy with them.

Please verify the beam pattern and alignment are correct before driving around with them. This is part of being responsible. :+1:

The easiest way to do this is to put one stock bulb in and compare the beam shapes and height. Do a side by side comparison.

Just checking, can you guys see the pics?
This site might have changed their policies. I can’t tell.

x You must be logged-in to do that.

Well that sucks. I’ll try and repost it here.

Here is a repost that I had to rebuild from 2016. This is from a motorcycle forum about by 1986 Honda VFR700F2. It uses an H4 bulb and has a fluted glass front reflector.

Part 1:

Hello all, I just finished a headlight bulb upgrade using the latest 7th generation Philips Luxeon Lumiled ZES fanless H4 bulb. These are really great as they don’t use a fan, are very bright and maintain the correct beam pattern of the stock H4 bulb. They also turn on instantly with no warm up and flashing the high beams are instant. I bought a pair for about $66 USD. It would be nice to buy a single, but nobody sells them that way.

It uses 4 tiny led chips per side for low and the same for high. So that’s 8 total for low beam and 8 for high beam. They are 5w each so 40 watt total. When high is activated, low turns off, so it’s never more than 40 watts. These are positioned to duplicate the size, shape and location of the H4 filament. You can also see the shields on the low beam section. The base is also adjustable so you can rotate the bulb to get the best cutoff pattern.

They use a tiny little voltage regulator to work with 12 and 24 volt systems.

Part 2:

In order for me to get the perfect beam pattern I did a lot of fiddling around and trial and error. To save you guys some time, here is exactly where I adjusted mine to.

Here is the finished product with the rubber boot and heatsink screwed into place. There is plenty of room around it, although you probably need to unscrew the heatsink before installing and removing. I didn’t check to see if there is clearance to install with the heatsink in place, but I doubt it.

The little regulator box I fitted next to the turn signal relay making sure nothing touches the forks when turned.

Here are the beam patterns on a dark wood panel I had handy at about 8 feet away. This is about noon, but under some shade as it’s the best I could do at the time. We have the duller stock 55w/60w bulb and the new LED bulb, I’m sure you can tell which is which.
NOTE: (The new bulbs are brighter and the camera compensated by making the background darker. I adjusted the brightness to try and match the background of the stock bulb)

Finally a shot of the headlight to see the color. It’s a nice clean white.

I’ll follow up with some night shots and my impressions of them once I get a chance to go night riding. Hopefully in the next week or so.

BTW, I previously installed these bulbs in a 9007 size on my car. After a bit of customizing the rotation and depth I got a factory like cutoff and I was hugely impressed at the improved visibility, so I have a good feeling about these on the bike.

Part 3:

I was able to get some night shots just before dawn, but I didn’t really get to try them on some dark roads. So far they are great. There is a ton of light in front of the bike and the cutoff line is pretty sharp.

High beam is noticeably narrower and higher. I’m guessing that’s stock as I’ve never really noticed before.

BTW, this is a completely dark parking lot I found. The left and right look black in the photos, but it was actually a bit brighter. The headlight was also a bit brighter, but it’s hard for the camera to capture it.

I am not figuring out how to put JPEGs into the post. Can someone point me to instructions?

Here's a thread on how to post images on BLF:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/47268

Thanks, I would not have thought of that.

Evitek M1 H4 lamps in a 2013 CRV
I am still not getting it. I made an album on Imgur. I posted it to the site.. But I still have not figured out how to get that information here.

I use the forums simple post editor, but that is up to you.

You should be able to just copy and paste the albums link. Then it takes you to imgur to see the pics. Is that what you want to do?

I individually linked each picture here to get the images to show here. Is that what you want to do?

I think there is a way to post an album here, but I can’t remember if that was with imgur or a different hosting site.

I have tried to download a post with multiple images. Nada.

Tried copying and pasting of the JPEG of a single image. Could not get it to size to the screen. The little box asking about sizing did not work.

This works, but you have to go look.

In general the lights look about the same in distribution as the Honda regular H4 bulbs. The distribution of the CRV reflectors is not so good. But the LEDs are significantly brighter and a nice pure white. My wife really likes them. We did a short nighttime drive and it did not seem to bother other drivers.

Cord

https://i.imgur.com/xvLVCEX

Base of lamp

https://imgur.com/DHpuEQ9

Fan

Imgur

Low beam

https://imgur.com/Fjp1Z0r

Lamp from side

https://imgur.com/AMAB8UZ

Low + fog lights

https://imgur.com/XscWhXb

High beam

Imgur

Alternety wrote:

I have tried to download a post with multiple images. Nada.

Tried copying and pasting of the JPEG of a single image. Could not get it to size to the screen. The little box asking about sizing did not work.

This works, but you have to go look.

In general the lights look about the same in distribution as the Honda regular H4 bulbs. The distribution of the CRV reflectors is not so good. But the LEDs are significantly brighter and a nice pure white. My wife really likes them. We did a short nighttime drive and it did not seem to bother other drivers.

Cord

Base of lamp

Fan

Low beam

Lamp from side

Low + fog lights

High beam

Thanks Jason.

Anyone like to critique the light output? I would welcome some input.

Your two low beam pictures look very different.

The low beam plus fogs look to have a pretty sharp cutoff, but the other low beam picture looks like it has a really bad cutoff. I can’t figure this out.

Is your low beam pic really a high beam pic?

I noticed that as well. I have the feeling that the one with the fog lights is the low beam and all the others are the high beam.

Some of the photos were with the car at an angle to the door. There are a lot of things to each side that limit my ability to get a particular distance or assure a straight-on image. Then I repositioned the car to be more perpendicular to the door. There is also no level spot in front of the garage doors. So there are a couple of image distortions possible.

I will check out that the fogs are on only with the low beam. I think they are, but I will check.

I am also going to take it out on a more normal road to see how things work out. As I mentioned, I did not get any people flashing me; although the sample was small. But from the car, light distribution seemed to be close to the CRV with other H4 bulbs (stock and a higher power Halogen bulb).

lots of stuff going on here.

If you look at your low and high beam pictures the same large rock is illuminated in the center post. The low and fog beam photo the large rock is dark.
your low beam looks real crisp and even looks like the old Z-beam pattern, I can see the halogen fog cut off about 18 inches below the low pattern.
so the low beam photo is really a high beam photo just different exposure. but nice photos.

the lumileds (Phillips) bulb above, is an interesting early attempt to make the H4 led bulb. one of many problems with the DOT H4 spec is that it is missing the rotation angle. It is inferred in the drawing but there is no spec. It turns out to be 10 degrees. but phillips got it in the wrong direction! So they made it adjustable like some of the others who could not figure it out……. [which side of the road do you drive on?] the key is to measure the angle of the wire frame in the halogen bulb….

the M1 bulb has the same angle as the standard H4 bulb. the F2 is the adjustable angle version, for those who want to fine tune or drive on the other side of the road [which is really not true but is part of the confusion factor] the original OEM that wrote the DOT H4 spec left out some critical information, made drawing errors, and only gave very wide window parameters or NO parameters. …. the OEM wrote it so it must be right……………

The “big rock” is the piece of the outside wall between garage doors. I moved the car to be more perpendicular after taking a few photos.

The two bottom photos are the correct ones. The one further up is a poor shot of high beam, and should not have been in the set. It is an accident it is here.

My wife is really happy. Not much use so far. We are in the upper left corner of the PNW. I gets dark pretty late this time of the year.

Below bulbs are 3-5 years’s life span and no need worry the heat dissipation and radio interference. If have those problem, it is not from professional manufacture.

Pros:
Intelligent Drive
With Wide-Range Voltage.
Intelligent Constant Current IC No Radio Interference.
High speed bottom cooling fan.
Technology – All bulbs are CanBUS
Excellent Beam Pattern – A full 360 degrees of light output is produced by“chips on board” LED design of each bulb.
Perfect White Light – These headlamps are not only super bright, but the light is also a very clear white with maybe only a slight hint of blue.

www.leishenled.com

Amy Ding, are you a salesperson for this brand? If so you have to go through the proper channels to advertise your products on this forum.