ENEDED

The mushroom :slight_smile:

But how did you open all these holes?

In case you really want to know, here is a factory DQG 7x xp-g2. See how the glow in the dark tape is stuck in there?

Received #3 today and it fits the MF-01 pretty well. Doesn’t look to shabby either, so I can recommend it.

I also received mine. It’s pretty basic, but fits the MF-01 just fine.

Mine just broke. That was fast.

One bank of LEDs is always on on full power , as soon as I screw the tailcap. Click works on two other banks (turning on and off, locking the light isnt helping).

and with black plastic over the camera:

Banggood just cancelled my order. They didn’t even ask me if this was acceptable to me or not WTH? Did anyone else get this cancellation notice? Hopefully I can get a code for the third time now at the original price

Dear ,

Thank you for your order from Banggood.com.

We are sorry to inform you that the item(s) in your order is/are still out of stock at the moment. It may take several days for it/them to be available again.

These are the details of your order:

Order Number:#
Item 1: [1165131]Astrolux MF01 18x XP-G3/Nichia 219C 12000LM Super Bright LED Flashlightt 18650[+Design:CREE XP-G3]
Original expected arrival time :2017-10-07

Considering that the item(s) were not available within the date that we previously communicated, we have proceeded with canceling your order and refunding the import.

We are deeply sorry and we apologize for this inconvenience.

Was there anything leading up to it not working? That’s no good it’s definitely indicative of a short. I don’t think you are the first one who has had these symptoms. I do hope you can have your situation remedied.

I came back from outside, where I was trying the flashlight, placed it on my desk, and after about 20 minutes one bank of LEDs suddenly turned on. I tried to turn it off by clicking, but it didnt work (instead I turned on the two other bank od LEDs).
Now, as soon as I screw thigt the tailcap, one bank turns on immediately. Breathing light works in ‘off’ mode, locking the flashlight by longpress, turning it on and off - does not work (works on 2 other banks)

Sigh… such great light and this happened :confused:

It happened within 3 days of receiving, BG has a 3 day warranty… I will see how it will work.

Seams, the build quality of this light, in terms of accurate manufacturing is really crappy…

Glad I didn’t order for the higher price…
Maybe I will buy the nichia version once available, and once the price has droped again…

Sounds just like my MF-01. :confused: On mine, part of the time, when you screw on the cap the one bank will dim to off after a few seconds. But then, when you hit the switch it will turn on to Turbo.

I’m currently waiting on a replacement head. Though, it won’t be sent until after BG releases the revised model. Hopefully, the changes (different driver, ect.) will fix this issue, as well as the more common ‘slightly dimmer bank’ issue.

Were you asked to send the malfunctioning head back?

You could swap the leds :smiling_imp: ( Google XHP50A-01-0000-0D0UF250G Mouser: 18x4.09=$75)

I’m surprised that you would think that. It’s only been a handful of lights out of probably a thousand that have had an issue. That is an extremely low percentage.

Still, a little disappointing. After waiting , problems with tracking, bam. Light unusable.

If your light is unusable, you are covered. Don't worry.

Let me ask if they are able to reinstate your cancelled order or reorder at the original price.

Thanks freeme

Mailed the CS yesterday, still no reply. Well, they have holidays… so I can understand.
Covered, yes. But still I won’t have the light for at least 30 days…

Nice one freeme! :+1:

Maybe I am overreacting…
But I don’t like sloppy production quality… Maybe because I already got some (cheap) lights, that where DOA.

But I know how hard it is, to get good (production) workers in China. (or Asia in general)
Employee fluctuation is very high there. So the majority of the staff often is not very experienced…
Quality problems are the natural result then….

So in Asia, QA is even more important, than in Europe or America……

But when you tell me that the perc. numbers of failures is quite low, I want to believe you…

I’ve just discovered the Astrolux S42. Somehow this light looks very promising. Nicely small. Does also have a charging possibility….
Does it have the same Nichia leds like the Mf01? Or at least the same CRI?
I would like to own a CRI>90 flashlight.