ENEDED

Got mine today w/XP-G3's in CW, and it's dang impressive in quality and performance! I'm very impressed so far, and if you followed my reviews and posts, I can get pretty critical, and being an Astrolux, I wasn't expecting this. The outside is pristine and testing output on VTC6 solder tops, it actually does what they say it does in lumens and throw. The carrier weighs a ton with solid brass end caps - very robust. I measured on not quite full VTC6's, solder tops:

12,750 at start, 11,900 at 30 secs, 56 kcd at 5m (473 meters)

For the voltage sag, I've seen this before in the BTU PK26 review, using a 26350 cell - it just didn't have the power, and sagged badly. Only fix was to use a low resistance, high amp cell like the LK 5000 mAh 26650. There may be a bad cell perhaps, or something in the battery-to-driver path killing voltage/power.

^ Wow. That’s really good to hear! :+1: :beer:

Seems like I really do need to try and get a measurement. The batteries are brand new button top 30Q. Maybe the plastic rings at the + ends of the carrier are preventing a proper contact, and I need to remove them.

Possible - someone else posted they had a problem with one of the rings, so one might be faulty, preventing contact.

I just realised I could take a measurement with the carrier outside the light, and it showed me a total of 8.28v for the two pairs (4.14v per battery, confirmed through individual measurements), so that doesn’t seem to be the case.

And I finally managed to measure the voltage under load. I had previously not applied enough pressure to the battery carrier. The edge gets caught on the edge of the thread easily, but with a little bit more force it will slip in a couple more millimeters, and then the breathing light comes on. I measured a voltage of 7.80v (3.90v per cell) on turbo, and the resting voltage afterwards was 4.22v. So that’s exactly the same as what Lexel measured (0.32v drop).

I guess I’ll need to run another test, to see at what voltage the red light comes on.

You can measure 8.28 with only 2 cells. Remember that it’s a 2S2P carrier.

You can install only 2 cells, measure voltage, then move those 2 cells to the other empty spaces and measure voltage again.

Your voltage sag numbers do seem pretty normal so maybe all 4 cells are getting contact.

Right, of course, I hadn’t thought of that. Only the capacity would be less.

At the moment it seems that the most likely explanation would be that the red light comes on too early (with 4.06v resting voltage measured yesterday, and the same drain, that would have been at around 3.74v). Of course it could be that one of the batteries wasn’t pushed into the carrier far enough at the time, so it didn’t make contact. The only way I can find out is by running another test - but not today, as it is nearly 4am here! :slight_smile:

Hmmm…

I have bought one from Banggood on September, 9th (when the price dropped to the same level as GB here). Got a mail with ‘shipped’ info on September, 10th. When I am trying to track it still says ‘package not found’ on both 17track.net and bppost.be …

In the TLF, two of the first received Flashlights have Problems with the battery Carryer. The pill on Bat+ was not soldered and easy to remove. It held only by the centering-Pin of the pill in a hole of the pcb.
I think you will not be able to see pics:

That could caused the problems in the video with the meco batteries too.

Write the BG Support (via Banggood.com) which carrier they have chosen for you. They chose a carrier for me that is also not to be found with 17track.com

Way different behavior.
Please don’t excuse the use of cheap cells in such a light :smiley:

It could be both : cheap batteries + bad contact on battery carrier.

I don't understand the use of the word "pill" here. Pictures are postage stamp size, and when clicked on to expand, some sort of logon prompt maybe?

Could you possibly expalin this more?

With “pill” they mean the little metal-part that makes contact to bat+ and lays under the white plastic part

Edit: I got mine today - very nice light, even thpough it’s not that much brighter than my 12*XG-P2 FET SRK.

But - does the green LED ever stop to breath or will it drain my batteries to death?

More like a brass button.

I ordered my 19 August was sent in early September is at the moment somewhere in Warsaw? Do not worry about finding something :arrow_right: :+1:

Try using TrackChecker,it is much better finding tracks than 17track!TrackChecker supports the largest base of carrier services and it has found all the tracking numbers from BG,GB,Aliexpress etc. You may have to do some manual tweaking with some lesser known carriers.
TrackChecker (en)
http://www.trackchecker.net/

PackageRadar is the second best option currently:
PackageRadar - track the delivery process of your online orders. Package tracking made easy!
https://packageradar.com/

Lexels review that breathing led will shut off at 2.7 volts (per battery).

Ahh, ok, so it's the Batt+ contact pad not soldered - that's certainly a assembly/quality issue...

I've looks over the carrier, and it seems 100% flippable? Can be installed in either direction? I've only been following the direction indicated on the yellow tag, but it seem either direction will work electrically and mechanically unless I missed something?

Yeah, the batteries have to be installed a certain way, but the carrier works the same in both directions. Positive in the center and negative around the outer edge. You can even attach a second head to the battery tube and have a 2 headed light that both work at the same time.