I unwrapped the cell that came with my Olight H2R

I knew it was either a Samsung 30q, a Sony VTC6, or an LG HG2.

:+1:

Now show us the circuit if there’s one please :slight_smile:

How come they never remove Samsung's wrapper?

This Olight is a protected battery.
If the Samsung wrapper is the only wrapper: there is a metal strip between the wrapper to connect the protection circuit and the anode/kathode. So there has to be some kind of wrapping between the strip and the bare unprotected cell.
If there is already another kind of wrapping UNDER the Samsung wrapping: I don’t know.

Or am I just stating the obvious (kicking in an open door as we call it in the Netherlands) :person_facepalming:

Edit: This is not just any Olight cell that came with your H2R. It is specially designed for your H2R (with an XHP50 led).

Are there different Olight 18650 batteries

Yes they don’t just have one cell

There’s not much to see.

This cell doesn’t have a metal strip down the side. The circuit is all on the positive end.

they use the ring outside the positive side(dont know what it’s called)( :person_facepalming: )
quite impressive the circuit can handle high current, maybe someday we will be able to use protected batt with DD driver and full output

Thank you anyway !
Yes, we don’t see much more but I’d assume too that they’re using the out shell to make the neg contact.
Does the circuit seem soldered to you ?

If I had to guess, I’d say they spot welded the actual PCB on there first and then spot welded the outer shell to the PCB.