Hold on tight Texans!

I hope all of our BLF users in Texas are prepared and in a safe spot. Best wishes to all of you, and please try to keep us posted as circumstances permit.

I live in a small town of about 3500 people about 4 hours inland from the Texas coast, in an area known as the Texas hill country. My wife and I went to the local grocery store (only one in town) this afternoon, and noticed that it’s unusually busy for a Friday afternoon. A store employee told us that there are a lot of refugees from the coast in town buying groceries, which surprised me that they found our little town this far inland. But they will be safe here……

We are just having some intermittent rain in Katy Tx. The worst probably will arrive on the weekend, all batteries have been charged and ready :partying_face: but I’m really not hoping for a power outage, the heat and humidity is miserable… :weary:

My brother-in-law lives in Manvel, and was at his beach house in Surfside this morning trying to get it ready for the storm. The place is built on stilts, with the bottom floor made to break away with a large enough storm surge. He was moving anything of value out of the bottom floor, so we shall see…

I once lived in a small town of 62 people. To see anyone mention “small town” together with numbers above 1000 is still funny to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Stay safe guys!

I’m far enough North and East that I’m not expecting much except for maybe some extra rain. My wife’s family has a place on Bolivar that was wiped out and rebuilt after hurricane Ike though, a few years back. Looks like between a 12’ storm surge, and 3’+ of rain, things are gonna get soggy:

You gotta remember David, everything here in Texas is bigger! :smiley:

:laughing: :+1:

Stay safe everybody :slight_smile:

stay safW with charged cells1

I feel your pain TX. I used to live in Virginia and went through a hurricane with sustained 80 to 90mph winds for 6 hours. Power was out for two weeks, and trees down everywhere. Used 150 gallons of gasoline in the generator.

This looks to be getting real serious guys, my prayers to all in the path.

Batten down the hatches guys, charge up the batteries, weather channel forecasting cat 4.
Cat 4 is devastating, went thru Andrew cat 4 here and it looked like a bomb leveled everything. After, couldn’t even find your street in some areas….

Damn, Intellicast is saying 135mph (115kts) winds gusting to 155

Looking hairy out there…

Entertaining and also nerve-wracking to watch:

He has been livestreaming all day in the middle of it all.

Houston is just getting some rain so far. Nothing much.

Stay safe, Texans!

My thoughts are with you all!

Any word from anybody in the vicinity? It looks like the talk of stalling and then moving East toward Houston feel through, fortunately…

I am with you :slight_smile:

Stay safe, Texans!