BLF A6 or astrolux S1

Which is the better version of this flashlight as far as build quality, reliability, performance etc??

Thanks in advance
BT100

Arent both the same light? i own BLF A6 but not S1 though so i cant comment.

Yes, they are supposed to be the same light. I thought I heard a long time ago that one was a bit better than the other. Just can’t remember which one, old age, memory failing ha ha!

They’re not exactly the same, the parts aren’t interchangeable because the threads are not the same.
For the rest i think they’re the same quality.

S1 comes with the 18350 short tube, A6 does not.

The driver is different, isn’t it? One with attiny25 and bistro and the other with a simpler UI on attiny13, at least is what the drivers listing on banggood say

I have one S1, and use the A6 as my EDC. The moonlight and turbo shorcut make it a wickedly useful-lived-experince light.

S1 has slightly nicer anodising, threads differ between the two, and just checked side by side that the driver and interface are identical (in behaviour at least). I just kinda prefer the A6 for some reason (maybe because it says BLF?). I only use 18650 so shorter tube is moot.

It’s my default “best possible value” gifting flashlight for friends and colleagues who go to work in challenging places around the world.

A6 is generally cheaper, so for me it’s a no brainer to buy the A6 @ ~18-20USD on sale, either the 3D or 5A depending on use case (3D for indoors, 5A i think gives better depth perception illuminating green things like trees and grass).

I can’t think of a better budget EDC, but i won’t stop looking for one!

i’m always looking for a really small 18650

DQG tiny IV, i broke 2 of them so never again {design flaw, mystery illness}

Manker U11, also broke {fixed but still-design flaw}

everything over 90mm is too long!

i love the S1 but i’d rather have something smaller, even at the cost of other features, except reliability

Yeah, have killed a dqg tiny Iii battery crusher, and stopped using the DQG tiny 4th, mainly because it just takes too long to find the button an turn it on! Loved the size of the DQG, but the A6 is brighter, easier to use, and cheaper. Would still take the DQG with me travelling, but mainly as a spare battery holder!

Defect with dqg switch is from crappy orientation of switch and solder points. Press heavy lots and you can pull the switch off the driver board.

I tolerate the extra length of the A6 because it means I always find the button first try!

Have you tried Emisar D4? i really love mine. probably the smallest 18650 light that i have.

A6 plus lighted tailcap you cant missed it in the dark.

[quote=rizky_p]

Have you tried Emisar D4? i really love mine. probably the smallest 18650 light that i have.

==true

somehow i missed the first production run of the D4
i am signed on for the refresh though

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it!