Anyone has the tank E09?

thanks for the update!

i've got 2 keychain lights (1x AAA) on order, the Klarus Ti and the iTP A3 Ti, each at 30$. expensive stuff, especially since i dont need them other than EDC rotation. i was interested in the Tank007 too because it officially supports 10440 .. but then again i am thinking that my 2 on order are superior (Titanium!!) and that the E09 is *not cheap* at all.

For 15$ you can get a brand new iTP A3 Aluminum.

I had trouble making my mind up as well. But far too many folks seem to be reporting their A3's failing after a month or two so I went for the E09. Then while mine was on order folks started getting DOA E09's !!! As always I guess its a game of chance.

Just a little update on my Dead on arrival Tank007 E09. I finally got it working correctly and I am happy with the little light. My correspondence with Manafont was only to the extent that they suggested that I try some basic fixes. Here is what they suggested:

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

Let me try to help you with the problem. First, can you please tell what battery you used? Second, can you locate the defective part?

I think you can do simple test using a DMM to find out more detail, hope we can help you with a solution soon.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

I just now emailed Manafont back and told Jim that I got the light working. There seems to have been some manufacturing debris on the circuit board and because of that the battery tube could not make propper electrical contact.
I scraped it off and that seems to have fixed it.
I don't have the light in my possesion anymore because SWMBO spotted it and had to have it. Nice little light though once i got it working but I don't think that it should have been up to me to fix something that's brand new.

Where, please?

it was on sale (weird colors) on Shiningbeam.com a few weeks ago. it's now back at 19.95$, sorry.

OK, dont worry, thanks.

LOL. Check out what it says on the back of the box.

Explosion-proof!

Nice little light though. So far, I am impressed.

It seems I get a new one. A "special order" was shipped. Hope it will work this time.

"Special iron optical lens" LMAO!!

the E09 reminds me of Fenix LD01

Yep that's pretty much what it is a (slightly redesigned) clone of. Its build quality is v.good indeed and its a bit brighter than the LD01 for a lot less money. Three modes, none of them disco and a true low akin to one of those keychain lights.

if i get one, i wont buy it for myself but as gift for someone else..

How do you like the tint? Please could you describe it, thanks?

Its tint is on the warm side of neutral but only just. However, I suggest a few other E09 owners confirm this as the tints may be different on theirs.

As regards gifting I would not hesitate recommending the E09; provided that the recipient was likely to be comfortable with a twistie. If they were not then I'd gift a Tank 703 clickie.

i like the E09 because it's NEW (haha.. what a lousy criterion) and officially supports LiIon's. i'll keep the 703 in mind.

have you checked if Protected 10440's fit into the E09 without any problems (length!!)?

No, I don't have any protected 10440's. I don't see the point in them. 10440's are only ever used one at a time and in small EDC lights. The last thing I want is protection suddenly clicking in when I need my EDC light in an emergency. I'd rather drain it dead sacrificing the cell in such a situation.

okay. good answer. i respect that.

i've got some unprotected 10440's on order (for the iTP A3 Titanium, because of length restriction), so i was interested in knowing.

hmm. i'll check out the Tank007 website again. There's no real review of the E09 so far..

EDIT:

i mean what's the tint on the low levels (Medium, Low)?

Tint is perhaps a tiny bit less warm (i.e. closer to neutral) on mid and low.

Actually, I don't like warm tints but I like the tint on this light, so that perhaps gives you some idea of how close to neutral it actually is.

in any case you're saying that the tint is not greenish on neither brightness level (mode)?

Woah, that's good news. Glad to hear that!

i think i am going to pull the trigger these days .. too bad that there isnt any Christmas sales with them (Manafont) or discount code :P

EDIT: pulled the trigger. Manafont. with generic soft rubber white diffuser. am eager to compare with iTP A3, 10440's, Lumintop Worm, Klarus MiX6. Seems to beat the Fenix LD01!

on DD its cheaper http://www.dinodirect.com/torches-led-lumens-powered-battery-alloy-aluminum.html

10.99$ what a nice price!!!

So how do i cancel the order with Manafont?? there is no cancel button (as seen with amazon account), argh!

EDIT: i know. i am pathetic.

hahah

great price! i bought 2 just one, 1 for gift, and 1 for myself :]

thanks!