Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed

The lumen gains from the driver alone will be mostly seen on the xhp70.2 version but I am making a version for both the xhp70.2 and xhp35 versions.

The biggest reason to swap drivers is if you have issues with your existing driver or if you want the far superior Narsil firmware.

Personally I would swap drivers in either light without a doubt. I could not stand the stock firmware but then I am spoiled by having Narsil in all my other Eswitch lights.

Technically though, unless your light has issues, you do not need to swap drivers.

I read the following as if problems will occur sooner or later:

Unless I’m understanding the above incorrectly, any idea where this came from? Thanks again!

I have only messed with 2 lights myself and then only for a few hours before I pulled the drivers out. So I can’t speak to long term reliability.

I assumed that like most electronics they either worked or they did not. It is possible this is not the case though.

Thanks TA and terry to involve in MT09R’s new driver. That’s a lot of work.

We will finally finish the testing for the charging unit today, full result will be published tomorrow.So far the performance is very good.

Dale

Sounds like thermal control is one of the issues your new driver addresses.

I would like to be able to mount my XHP35 ZMT09R on a tripod and leave it on a setting somewhere below Turbo for an hour or so without having to worry about it going over ~55° C, as the original spec implied.

Will your new driver also include low voltage cutoff of some sort? The best/highest rated protected batteries only seem to be able to reliably supply about 10A max through their protection PCBs, which appears to be too low for a light like the XHP35 MT09R, but I'm thinking since you normally handle higher currents in your drivers, you might be able to provide a more gutsy low voltage protection function? I'm just not sure about the implications of doing it while using the same basic driver in both the 2S/2P XHP70.2 and 4S XHP35 MT09Rs, and wondered whether it might require a jumper, component or firmware programming change.

If your new driver will take care of both issues, I'm interested as well.

Hey guy... I've been just stupid busy... still working on the other grouip buy....

Before anyone asks that order is being worked on now. I do not have an exact date they will be shipped yet but It will be very soon... Needless to say they want them tested and tested again.

I promised you all when you took part in thje MTO9R that I would do everything possible to be sure you got what you paid for.

Naturally when an issue came up I called the best guy I know for the job. I originally asked him about the capacitor and he soon found that removing it does remedy the issue there was.

With a little effort from TA and myself and the partners at Haikelite all in agreement a version 2 is well on it's way.

I want to thank TA for even doing me the favor of testing the driver and of course thanks to both TA and all of the Partners at Haikelite for this driver.

Haikelite listened when I explained what we needed they then contacted TA themselves so our system of working together as a team worked and will be giving our customers the best product possible.

You had a company that it mattered to being Haikelite, you had a dealer that is not good at all at taking no for an answer and then we have Texas Ace. Without his help in the beginning when I called him none of this might never have happened.

I've got to get back to work and I know TA has a ton to do.

Thanks for you patience and for giving me enough time to keep my promise.

This is all a result of a team of people that cared about what the customer gets..

Thanks Dale and Texas Ace...

Yes, so far the testing has been great with the thermal protection. It is a bit harsh but that is just due to how fast the light heats up. The most I have seen the temp overshoot is to around 60c when set for 55c. The best part is that with Narsil you can calibrate the thermal protection yourself in the menu to whatever temp you desire.

I am not totally sure what you are talking about with the low voltage cut off?

It will have low voltage protection naturally, it will start stepping down the brightness at 3v per cell under load and will cut the light off entirely ar 2.8v.

I am glad to be able to work on this light, this is a very nice light, it just needs some tweaks to be great.

It has been a lot of work, I have spent more time with this driver then my family the last week it seems lol.

I like my 70.2 version.

As have I... I can't thank you enough for all of your help.

If Haikelite were to incorporate TA’s driver and build suggestions in their production I would certainly be interested in buying one, and I could imagine many others in the BLF community feeling the same.

I’m very satisfied with my purchasing of 5 70.2 even if one does not work. I know eventually it would be fixed. I knew I had to be patient and let it takes it course and knowing TA was working on it.
Thank you all.

5 ? wow what u gonna do with all of them haha ? shame one doesnt work but u have a few more so thats good, i have one and im happy :smiley: its great we have Texas Ace to help out on this light.

Rizki_Pratama has posted his review on MT09R, :+1:

I know your problem ,i had the same with Samsung 30Q Button Top.The Button is not weldet.Just lieing on the positive Pole.And its hold there by the shrink warp.

The Acebeam 3100 mah 18650 is an 20 Amp and its protected with 4 Mosfets.
The Imalent 18650 3000 mah are protected and have max 15 Amp (its an samsung 30Q)

My MT09R works with the Imalent protectet.

for around $20 man i am in for 1!

I have a very limited stock of both models of the MTO9R lights.

The handful that I have in stock now will all have Texas Ace Drivers in them from his own shop built by him one component at a time.

I provided TA with several lights in order for him to complete and test the design of the new version 2 driver and naturally I placed a small order for the drivers that he will be building himself.

I have already listed the lights I had removed from inventory until this situation was resolved and they are currently for sale now.

Please remember they will not ship until I get the completed drivers from TA and install the driver. I will be shipping all of those orders the same day the drivers arrive. I will install the driver, test each light, then pack and ship them all myself.

This is an agreement that TA and I reached early on when I first asked him to take a look at the drivers and see if he could help with any issues.

You have all already seen TA's post explaining what the drivers will be capable of and you have all also seen that they will include original Narsil firmware.

These lights will be superior in almost every way.

Later lights shipped by the manufacturer will be as well.

By the way the price you will see for these limited number of lights is not my taking advantage of TA's work. That price also reflects my compensating TA for the drivers. As well as his endorsement of these few lights.

I am sure TA will be happy to verify this.

We have also discussed possibly offering both versions in the future. The factory made version 2 driver as well as a very limited number of all hand built drivers from TA.

As of now I want to just leave him to complete what work he still has in front of him (which is a lot) and we will discuss that more once he has had a chance to breathe.

TA... Thanks again for all of your hard work and for taking my call when all of this started.

You can find the listing here. https://hesaidshesaidsales.com/

So what does this mean to those purpose the light with driver issues?

Do they get a new driver replacement?

If you have an issue with the driver from your group buy light. Be sure to email Dale and once they are complete a replacment will be shipped.