Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed

I saw some of the early designs but I gave them a bunch of suggestions to improve the design and never heard back. I assumed they used them.

I didn’t see the finished driver or know anything else until Terry contacted me.

Thanks. Early signs that your ideas didn’t make the final driver was the UI, followed by reports of thermal management and LVP not working properly. Unfortunately Terry assumed the driver was a full fledged TA driver, and promoted it as such from the beginning during the group buy feeler. This was an important reason for me to join as well, as I have high fail rate with Haikelite.
What’s done is done. Hopefully Dale understands the importance of a solid driver as well now, and version 2 will be a significant improvement, and hopefully you will give it a two thumbs up as well. I wait now.

Yeah, I have not had time to look at anything on BLF besides the GT thread in over 6 months. So I lost track of this until Terry brought me back in.

So what comes first? All GTs delivered or MT09R problems solved? :stuck_out_tongue:

“Know TA drivers, know peace, know safety. No TA drivers, no peace, no safety, just a bunch of upset flashaholics.”

(attempt to lighten things up)

See.. people tell me I'm over reacting or taking things the wrong way.

You out of all the people reading this thread are the only person to pick at thatstatement. Which helps to point out that you are one of the top 2 through out this entire thread that does nothing but attempt to point out negative things and stir up trouble.

My answer is well after all of you got your lights and someone noticed issues so I began searching for answers.

The rest is none of your trouble making business...

Maybe that is over reacting. But, if one will go all the way back to the beginning of this thread all of the bickering began with 2 people and you are one of those 2.

Of you light does not work contact Dale. If you are in the US and he approves for me to repair it I will.

That's the last answer you personally will get from me.

And you are the second of the 2... all the best indeed.

I have taken full responsibility for something that was out of my hands and turned it into a total win for anyone that purchased this light.

I see no way out of the company sending out replacement drivers for all members. They may try not to but I doubt it

So after all of you and your sidekicks trouble making I still managed to get all the members that took part a much better design from one of the best in the business.

Last email I read they are planning to make 3 to 500 of these drivers so everyone will get what I promised them.

Almost forgot. I Spoke with Dale last night. Haikelite knows nothing of their brand listing on Aliexpress so a little warning. Purchasing those are totally non authorized and will not be covered by the brand in any way.

Gave a great day.

Yeah see those GB color lights on ali is not good… they should really look that up it must be someone from their own team or a dealer that sold those otherwise idk the source on them is unless its a scam only… but its good too see that they work on the problem and are aware of them, i doubt they planned to ship lights with driver issues etc… last thing they want right now.

I just dropped the prices on the 8 units I still have in stock. I have 2 more but it will be another week or so before I will have those here to place back into inventory. Besides I will probably keep one of each model for myself.

The price is the same for either light. I will be buying the drivers myself out of my own pocket. The deal is the same as it was before. The lights will ship the same day I get the drivers from TA (when they are completed) I will install the drivers myself which will keep your warranty 100 percent in tact.

That is the best I can possibly do. If I priced any lower I would go below the threshold retail price that Haikelite sets that I can't go under.

These are great lights and with original hand assembled TA drivers they are some of the best lights on the market. You can ask him yourself..

Price is 165.00

https://hesaidshesaidsales.com/

How about those of us who sent you the originally listed $180 last week, as soon as you announced the availability of the "TA Specials"?

Without pointing any fingers, I sometimes wish that some issues were handled through a PM rather than in the forum. It could help to make it feel less like an attack. I don’t know if anyone bit off more than they can chew or not, but it certainly doesn’t help by trying to push it further down their throat.

Ya…its ‘fun’ to hold a person’s feet to the fire and can ‘feel good’, but piling on is just not cricket or gentlemanly.

I’ve ‘won’ a few “fights” in my day…and lost a few…never felt good about either outcome…

You can’t smack down all the storms the ocean throws at you, only navigate them.

/\ +1

At the risk of being name-called a “troublemaker”… Terry, what does this even mean?
Are you saying that all those in the group buy will be getting a new driver? Is that what “everyone will get what I promised them” means?
If so, great! But how does it happen. As a paying customer, would it be alright to ask for some information in this regard? Things I would normally expect in a “regular” purchase -

- Personal Confirmation of an item being replaced in a product I bought. PM, email, etc.

- Estimated delivery date

• Detail on any steps I might need to take as a customer to facilitate this and make it happen.

The quote above was the first I heard of anything regarding actual action on Haikelite’ part. If it was discussed and confirmed here in the thread, I missed it. Could somebody point me to that info?
Thanks

Those 2 know exactly what I am talking about. You would have to read 56 pages to understand.

It means exactly how it sounds.

The company is going to have 300 to 500 drivers made.

Any light they build they normally only make them in batches of 200 to 300. So I see no reason that they will not send one to anyone that has a light from the group buy.

I can pretty much promise you that you will have to email and ask to be sure you get one. And the day they have them I will be the first to let all of you know.

TA needs until at least the end of the week to complete everything. After that probably 2 to 3 weeks for them to have drivers manufactured. That should be at the latest.

Dale has no plans of going down in flames. They are already close to releasing a new model. Nothing like this it's a smaller light. But my point is they move things pretty quickly so I would say 3 weeks after TA has everything worked out and on paper for them.

Plus they have no plans of dropping this light from the line up.

Just be sure to remember to email and ask for one

http://budgetlightforum.com/forum/misc/siterules

OK Terry, How about failured drivers in MT09R in Europe? I think Dale should send to us new driver f.e. with charger.
I have MT09R with xhp70.2 with broken driver and also I am still waiting for my charger. I think that Dale should send to me a new driver with charger… And I will arrange replacing the driver for my self.
It is no use to send my MT09R to You for replacing….

My MT09R XHP35 HI Arrived yesterday.
I got only around 3900 Lumen in my Lumenbox with full charged Samsung 25R.
It is possible that I read a bit too low output for throwers. But thats a way too low.

Thats not what I wanted to get.
Other points I am not happy with:

- no Stepdown on high temperatues

- bad (too fast) dimming on the lower end of the dimming.

• My NW flashlight looks cooler than a 3B tint.

Here are some of my other Lumen-Readings for reference (scroll down to the table):

- English: HaikeLite MT03/MT07 - PA Reviews, Test- und Erfahrungsberichte | Taschenlampen Forum

Everything as expected based on the current “status” of the driver. All those points will be fixed with TAs driver.
However the question is how all of the customers will get them. The technical solution will be available soon, but what is haikelites official position regarding this topic?

We finally need a statement from Dale here. Not to offend you Terry.

The most important point - the output far below the promised 7.500 lm - will not change due to the low binning of the used XHP35. Please check TA’s statement. The MT09R with XHP35 will never reach much more than something around 4 klm and was never able to do more.

Please define “soon” - I do not think that every single new MT09R-owner will take a soldering iron and will change the electronics by himself.

Keep in mind: we also have the warranty-issue - what happens, if somebody kills his flaslight during this process? Who will pay for this?

A statement will not create a flawless flashlight…

I thought I read in TAs posts that he reached about 6k lumen with the default XHP35 in the delivered lights (EDIT: OK, it was the stock lumen value measured by TA on the 35). Still not what has been promised but at least better. If there will also be a new driver for the 35s (looks like) TA could also use better binned 35s. He’s planning to do that with the 70.2 to reach those 23k lumen he mentioned.

With soon I mean in the next few weeks. As TA has already posted in this thread the new driver will most likely be ready end of next week. But only he can give you an update on the current status.
The warranty issue is still a valid point, as not everyone is able to change the driver on their own (including me). Not that I have my 35 anymore, right Tombstone? :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

But exactly this warranty issue is why we need a statement from Dale here…

But your wrong in one point: the statement from Dale itself will of course not fix the light, but it would be a first step. All the flaws we have at the moment can be fixed with TAs driver. Now we need to know how Haikelites plans are for future production units and more importantly for the units already delivered.