Thank you everybody

I have only just joined as a member, to post this, but have been reading reviews and advice from all you great people in this forum for a while now. I would like to thank everybody for posting such valuable information to help somebody like me who knows nothing about flashlights.
I didn’t even know what 18650 batteries were, or what flat top or button top meant.

Recently I wanted to buy a powerful but inexpensive flashlight for dogging in the park at night. Oops… let me clarify that…I actually mean walking my 2 terriers in the park when I return from work!

My previous flashlight was an old Eveready Dolphin, with a battery the size of a house brick. The beam would eventually fizzle out after a few metres and curve downwards to the ground, like water from a low pressure hosepipe.
After reading lots of reviews and advice, I settled on a Convoy C8, which I received a few weeks ago.
It is an amazing torch for the price and I would certainly recommend it to anybody who wants value for money.

Like some people, once you have bought a car that goes 100mph, you then want a car that goes 150mph, and the same with a flashlight.
I decided that I wanted something bigger and brighter than the Convoy, so once again the forum pointed me towards the BLF Q8.
I bought this using the coupon code and got it at a huge saving, thank you very much!
It arrived in the post yesterday, and this is an incredible light! I spent the evening shining it around the neighborhood (as you do to test it out), and I hope I didn’t keep too many people awake, or spoil their TV viewing.
All I can say is that I would buy these 2 flashlights again and again.

Cheers and Happy Easter

Welcome to BLF, and congratulations on choosing 2 great lights.

Stick around and I can guarantee you’ll be picking up at least a couple more.

Welcome to BLF Robowski.
If I’m honest, for real use I should own just the two lights that you have bought, plus a small EDC on an AA cell. But I have a few more :person_facepalming:

(Psst, get this, great EDC on sale now, just 19 hours to go: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sofirn-SP10B-Red-Blue-Mini-LED-Flashlight-AA-14500-Torch-Light-CREE-XP-G2-LED-Mini/32835884818.html )

Run far away now. You have a light you enjoy, soon you’ll be on here and eye one that you think you will enjoy better. Then another, and another, and another, and soon you have way too many. Even worse you decide you can start making them better by modding them. Start searching out a forum online full of nuts to talk about lights and modding them.

Typed as I sit rocking in the corner of my room full of lights.

Welcome to the forum :stuck_out_tongue:

You started ….(hehe ‘started’) with 2 very fine lights.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

+1 and welcome to the forum. Even though I haven’t posted much (considering I’ve been a member for almost 6yrs) and still consider myself a n00b, the members here have always been super friendly and helpful whenever I’ve had questions.

…Maybe too helpful, lol. Most recently I checked in because I wanted to get a couple of EDC lights in copper. I did that with a Maratac AA and a Lumintop Tool (AAA), but then somehow also ended up with a BLFQ8, Convoy S2+, Sofirn SP31, and a Skilhunt H03 that’s still in the mail. :innocent:

Going to try to cool off on buying more at the moment, but already have designs on a couple of others as well.

Welcome to BLF! :slight_smile:

As of right now maybe you still have the choice… maybe it’s already too late.

One way is to get yourself a BLF A6/Astrolux S1 and a 14500/AA EDC and be done with it… Maybe an Emisar D4 for Christmas?

…or you’ll likely end up spending a lot of time and money checking this forum and buying a lot too many lights just because you think you just need can’t live without this so amazingly bright and cool new light for the price. Then you’ll post pictures of shelves and rows of flashlight, thinking you have accomplished something great. And you’ll be happy! :laughing:

Hey how are you doing man? And welcome to BLF! :partying_face:

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome to insanity!

I didn’t want to brag too much on my first day out, but I have in fact ordered the BLF A6 as well over a week ago.
I think that will do me for a while, as that will give me a good range of flashlights.
I have to try and get some money for food now…

LOL, Welcome!! good choice on that A6, matter a fact im also waiting on my second A6 this time in nonanodized :person_facepalming:

Just remember you can live awhile without food, water is far more important, beer is the best of both.

It's nice to see you, Robowski!

We are going to share the guilt with you.., welcome !

Cheers from another newbie (well three months now). I already have too many lights, but every one is it’s own unique and high quality device.

There is a wealth of knowledge here— and some REALLY great guys who share it for the satisfaction of keeping the faith: keeping us all in CHEAP, KILLER LIGHTS! :smiley:

How does one go about inserting an image in your post?
I thought you could just upload one from your PC, but it has a box with URL…?
I understand for a large video you can use Youtube, but for a simple picture…
Do you have to send it somewhere first?

Yes. It is explained here by member raccoon city: How to Post Images on BLF

Thanks for the help, hiKARlnoob,

I just wanted to post this….

When posting a pict from Imgur, use the “direct link” so it will post only the picture.

So that picture will show up like this on the forum.

Hi RobertB

Thanks for trying to help.
I went back into Imgur, but still couldn’t see the dialogue box in your photo.

You have to sign up for an account then upload your images to it