[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

wow I like that red color

Yes, it looks good in reality too.

And I’m happy to report that they managed to sort out the clip, it is a new, well-fitting clip, not made out of cheese, and I find the stiffness precisely right.

My 2nd order placed on Jan 3, hit Elk Grove, Illinois today the16th. Not too shabby.

First order on Nov 10, took 40 DAYS to door :open_mouth:

Correction, the order of 2 lights I’m waiting for:
Order time & date: 09:49 Nov. 10 2018

2018.11.20 21:20 (GMT-7): Acceptance
2018.11.20 21:20 (GMT-7): Posting

Full price too, I never got the price discount requested.
A lesson in patience.

my order for black ones, was placed on 11/10/18, and arrived 12/12/18… 32 days

apparently the red and blue models go by speedboat instead of rowboat…
ordered 1/7/19
arrived in California 9 days later

Tracking says:

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on January 16, 2019 at 6:15 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

January 8, 2019, 4:32 pm
Processed Through Facility
GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA

January 7, 2019, 11:30 pm
Acceptance
CHINA

it aint over till the Lady Sings

Is selecting Paypal a requirement for being able to cancel payment and request the BLF price adjustment?

Numerous different computer, network, and browser options all fail to result in Paypal being an option.

At this point, I should probably just give in and enter my credit card info, which it appears will complete the transaction right away at the regular price, but I thought I’d ask.

Follow my post:

Yeh, I’ve found if you order without requesting the discount PayPal is good to go…but once they adjust the price for you it’s credit card only…that’s been my experience. So when you order without requesting the discount, Then you get hit with an additional charge for using PayPal. Seems Akin to if you don’t drown in the dunking booth, you are a witch,when you drown your not a witch. :smiling_imp:

No, PayPal is not a requirement. I found it to be a pita on AliExpress, I just used a Credit Card.

After you message the seller asking for the discount just close the page. They will adjust the price & email you to pay once they have done the price adjustment.

The price adjustment may take only minutes or it may take a couple of days. But it will happen…. :wink:

It reminded me of Jiraiya-sama :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve both colours on the way, it’s looking good :wink:

My first order for two black, one of each CCT, took a month and a week to arrive. My second order of one red and one blue, took two weeks to arrive, and arrived two days after the first order. I’m just glad I got them.

Is it necessary to remove the anodization to get a really good adherence, and if so, what was the solution used in the video?

similar here, Im just glad when they get here
the red and blue I ordered on the 7th of Jan, are “out for delivery” today, Jan 17… Thats 10 days!
I will believe it when I see it :slight_smile:

Ive had my post office here in Cali, fail to deliver for 3 days, after similar “out for delivery” tracking… so color me skeptical, but also, Happy!:slight_smile:

ps… postman just dropped off my mail… and guess what… No Sofirn… hmmm… USPS is as slow as a boat from China… LOL

You mean the video in which I put a trit in? No, the anodisation was not removed because of the adhesive but because I reckoned that the trit would be visible a bit better with a non-black background. I think when not in the dark it looks better with the ano still in place.

I used a pellet of sodium hydroxide (caustic soda) dissolved in a bit of water, as shown in the video.

Thanks

Before watching your video, I thought it was for small Fluorescent strip……

its this… Tritium Vials… they are fragile, glow constantly, do not need light to activate, may be illegal in Japan
https://www.mixglo.com/store/p2/T1_1.5x6mm_Vials.html

and thank you for building us the Sofirn C01. You did an outstandingly good job. Including incorporating all sorts of cool details. And I just love the High CRI…

> tritium vials … may be illegal in Japan

On the other hand, they have a vast quantity of tritium available if they can isolate it from all that wastewater in tanks at Fukushima.