[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

What a delightful little light. The pleasure of simplicity. I love warm, floody beams inside, and lights that tail stand.

I just tried polishing the reflector on my black 5600k from the first run. I actually quite like how it turned out! It’s gotten a decent throw increase in the center, the hotspot is pretty even and of good tint. There’s a very slight yellow shift towards the edge but it’s nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.

Looks good thisnameisvalid!! :+1:

What did you polish with??

Thanks! I just used a small amount of Brasso metal polish, and tweezers to polish as far down as possible where there isn’t much space.

It looks like the limiting factor is how far out the LED sticks, as not much of the light is caught by the reflector.

Good job!! :+1: . Thank you for the info my friend.

yes, the less polished cones have less hotspot
there is about 15% extra lumens on the red and blue, than on the black run

When I blacked out the aluminum cone on a black 5600k, the lumens dropped by 50%

here are my black run plus a Fenix

and red and blue run

I strongly dislike the hotspots
here is a 5600k Yuji with less reflective cone than the C01 and E01,

half as bright, no hotspot, just some diffused and dim edges (imo the beam would not be fuzzy around the edges if all reflective surfaces in the beam path were blacked out)

C01 order arrived / 3 x Blue 5600K

Order Date:2019-01-03 05:50
Arrive Date:2019-01-24 14:00

21 days from order to arrival. Not to bad.

All three work fine & the clips are strong & correctly done.

The Blue is really a nice color & nicely done, as were the Black ones. (except the clips on Black ones) . :wink:
Reds have not arrived yet.

Thanks Sofirn, good job! . :+1:

Got my blue 5600K today, 24 days, not the fastest I have gotten from China, butwhatever. The clip on this one is quite stiff, unlike the one on the blue 5600K I ordered for my Mom.

I got mine in 16 days. Also stiff clip.

Ordered 13.12.2018 arrived yesterday.

Any news about C01 plus high CRI? Very interested in it

Not from me, earliest after chinese newyear as already mentioned. Perhaps Barry can chime in for more precise news.

As far as I have been told SP70 and C01 Pro (SST-20) will not become available before CNY. The manual for C01 Pro has been translated, so I presume they are about to producing the flashlight.

What's the C01 plus/pro??????

My coloured versions arrived today, ordered on 7th January!

I got 1 Blue 5600K and 1 Red 3200K!

Here are some comparison photos mainly to check the more pronounced hotspot in the new versions (never mind about the actual colour of the beam as my phone is not calibrated). I know it has been addressed before, still, here are some pics!

Left = Black versions: 3200K >>> 5600K /// Right = Coloured Versions: 3200K >>> 5600K

Comparison: Black vs Red (3200K) /// Black vs Blue (5600K)

The C01 Pro will have a Luminus SST-20 LED and two modes with 100lm / 3lm while the C01 has the Yuji BC LED with only one mode and 6 (3200K) or 8 (5.600K) lumens.

I’m curious wether Sofirn has designed the C01 Pro (it may get a different name so Barry told me) with the same starting point in mind as what we required from the C01 (“bombproof ”and “always works”). I was (we were) very involved in the design of the C01, but not at all in the design of the Pro, apart from that I did the suggestions for which led to use, and adviced on using two modes instead of just one to make it more usable and distinguish it from the competition. The more conventional construction that the Pro requires, with a ledboard and with an optic sitting on/around the led, dictates good thinking and designing to make it just as tough as the C01.

Thinking about “bombproof”, wasn’t Gurdygurds going to do some crash-testing on the production C01 ?

I’m not sure if gurdygurds was going to repeat the tests he previously did on the E01, or was content with the tests Sofirn showed. I would certainly enjoy seeing the results if he does.

Regardless, I haven’t see him around quite as much on CPF lately, so I guess he’s been busy.

C01 Order arrived / 2 x Red 5600K / 3 x Blue 3200K

Order Date:2018-12-30 16:14
Received Date:2019-1-25 15:41

27 days from order to delivery. Things are getting slower. :wink:

All in good condition & clips as they should be.