Best Flooder around right now? $50-90

Wow. Thats a new one. Bummer. :frowning:

Thanks. Yeah, that image, if not doctored, does make it look fairly floody. Anybody know its max beam intensity rating?

That picture is from a member here on blf. I’ve got one. That looks accurate.

It doesnt have a max beam intensity rating. The CW measures about 55Kcd.

It’s nowhere as bright as the MT03 or MF01, though. A measly 3500 lumen or so.

I believe the MT09R was my best purchase of the year. I have the MF01 as well. The MT09R gets you some pretty good throw in additions to the flood. MT03R is going to get you no throw and all flood. Build quality is up there with anything else premium that i’ve owned. Nothing wrong with a Meteor M43 either though. I have two of them and they are top notch build quality and super compact.

if u want flooder then i would say the Astrolux MF01 is a good choice, better then convoy l6 or blf q8 etc etc….

if i would pick based on lights ihave if someone asked me for flood id say,

nr.1 astrolux mf01

nr.2 convoy l6

nr3. blf q8

yadda yadda…

Emissar D4S should be on your list for sure! Haikelite MT07S as well for a bigger unit. Lastly, the Haikelite Q30

Really need a bit more info than is listed in the OP. Are you looking for a big or small light?

For a small light, just slightly above your price-range at $99 I’d suggest the Zebralight SC600w IV Plus.

It’s very similar in size to an Emisar D4, with about half the turbo output. However, unlike the D4 which ramps down to maybe 500 lumens after 30 seconds, the Zebralight can sustain its turbo for around 5 minutes. And even after 5 minutes, its sustained output remains much higher than the D4’s sustained output. Zebralight really knows their stuff when it comes to heatsinking.

I love my Emisar D4, and have multiple copies of it. But in terms of practicality, the Zebralight blows it away.

OK - agree need to clarify a few things….

Don’t care about size, or battery types….just the power.

Already have 3x Emisar D4S lights in various flavors - need something more powerful in a flooder type light. (hence the reluctance to the Q8 & the like value choices.)

Really need at least 10K lumens plus I would say….I have a BLF GT70 and that has around 8K so should be more.

I know everything steps down almost immediately but if it can hold a high output for a minute that’s good enough for my uses.

Haikelight seems about the only game in town - but like said was a little apprehensive about the quality - maybe for no good reason.

I know what is asked is asking for 3 thins of 2 available - but almost always there is something close.

Well, that makes things different

Actually I think Vinh uses his own driver in the MT03vn with ramping UI.

So, 10K+ lumen that can be sustained for some time and not step down quickly for under $90, preferably $50-$70?

doubt such light even exists 500+$ range… big search lights like acebeam x70 or olight x9r and such then…

Yes, although I understand the stepdown will be a compromise

Yeah, if you find such a light, please let me know.
My GT xhp35 groupbuy was even more expensive then that… :person_facepalming:

If you don’t mind the stepdown, then maybe strap your three D4S lights together and call it a day. :slight_smile:

Lol - that maybe the only existing solution! I am asking too much for now so will wait for new technology or accrue more money in the budget. Thank you all kindly for the ideas!

M4DM4X has a coupon that gives you a good price on the Astrolux MF01 from Banggood, I just checked the code and it is working fine. Either PM him here or register on his site to get it.

https://m4dm4x.com/m4d-m4x-deals/

I would say the Q30, MF01, MT03 and MT09R are you best lumens/dollar lights. From cheapest on up.

The only way to improve the ratio is the figure out ways to reduce costs. I believe the Q30 uses a non-Cree 7070 led. Similar to the xhp70, but cheaper and lower output.

Are there models light flooder on emitters 3*/4*xhp50?

Olight had the x7 on sale for 89 a few times. Thrunite tn30 is on sale for $65 but its throwy(?). The tn36ut was also 65 but haven’t seen that one in a while. Those are my popcan suggestions. What size/led setup are you looking for? Single triple quad?