【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

The cost is not within my considerations.
I need to consider that many buyers are not professional with flashlights.

Of course, I will consider small batch production #2 driver in the future

I’d far rather a Turbo that slowly reduces in output than something that lasts for 60 seconds, unless of course you can double click for Turbo.

I love ramping though so you can adjust the brightness slightly below the turbo level for longer runtime

Simon kindly sent me the (preliminary) datasheets for Luminus SFT-40 and SFT-70. He allowed me to make them public, so I put them on my sharepoint:

Lumimus SFT-40 datasheet

>>>Download <<<

Luminus SFT-70 datasheet

>>>Download <<<

I agree that temp regulation is the most popular and best compromise for a broad range of users.

Is the UI going to be the same as the M21C-U?

And two more questions…

1) Does the new S16 share it’s reflector with the M1 / M21B ?
2) Have the new (pinker) batch of GT-FC40s come in?

Excellent, thank you

Great to see the warmer tints

yes,the same UI

1),no ,It is specially designed for S16.
2),GT-FC40 has been produced 1 month ago, and it has been in my warehouse. The drivers adapted to the L6 GT-FC40 will soon be available, and I will be able to add links for them soon. In addition, I have prepared switch boards suitable for higher currents for L6 GT-FC40 and L6 SBT90.2.

Simon, if you could adjust ramping speed on that driver that would be highly apreciated.
It is too fast at lower outputs and it take ages in high outputs to reach top.

Also if steped (4mode) option is chosen, it could be a bit faster.

Not to thread-jack, but does anyone know of a comparison in size (even just visual) to all the light bodies Simon has? I just learned yesterday that supposedly the M21 has the same reflector size as the c8?

I can make a new thread if that would be better.

It’s just a C8+ that has a 21700 battery tube

Simon uses model names

S = small
M = medium

etc

He used the C8 name because that’s what people mostly recognized it as since its shape is used by many brands

It can be a little confusing at first

M21A is a C8+ w/21700 tube, M21B is an M1 w/21700 tube, M21C/26C are a different, larger design in 21700/26650 respectively (still a smaller light than the L2/L21A).

I know it was mentioned by at least one other user but I would love an M21C (e-switch or standard clicky) with the GT-FC40 LED. If a new driver can’t be produced for it the old XHP35 one is perfectly fine. Turbo will be lower but will hold longer, fine by me. I have no need for anything larger than that size but I really want something with the LED.

Not a complete list of Convoy flashlights, but these are the ones I've tested:
(I had the M21B but couldn't find mine when I took this "group picture";
there are many other Convoys that I haven't tested though, like the 4X18A, M26C, L4, S6, S8, BD01-BD06, etc.. so they are not in this group pic)

flashlights labeled in:
red label = use 26650 battery
yellow label = use 21700 battery
orange label = use 18650 battery
purple label = use AA/14500 battery
(the unlabeled short flashlight is an S2+ with 18350 body tube)

Well done d_t_a! That is very useful. :+1:

I might just frame that one… LOL

Nice work.

Great photo d_t_a.

Only one missing is M21B

Difference is similar to C8+ vs M21A. Same head, just slightly fatter and longer battery tube.

With the M21C-U’s ramping, is it possible to get a fully sustained brightness brighter than the ~1400 lumens of its 30% mode? How many lumens would it be able to hold without a stepdown?

Looks like it would be about 1400lm, based on where turbo steps down to. Convoy M21C U flashlight review | 3800 lumens, 1lumen.com

The first step is admitting that you have a problem. Haha.

I would like S2+/S3 triple Led