FW3A mod thread. Post yours!

I think those “turbo” ones are cut from a solid bar of “glow stuff” so those will be even different still

True. We must learn which version is the supreme glow! There can be only one :smiley:

Carbon fibre switch enclosure with 15 neodymium magnets, 8mm diameter linear button with 6mm x 2mm green tritium vial.
The button can only move in a straight line and accidental activation is not easy.
The carbon fibre/ magnets are fixed in place, sit flush with the tailcap edge and strong enough to hold the light horizontally.

@CRX
Do you have a link to the switch you used? Interested!!!

It’s all hand made unfortunately. Here’s what went into it:
14mm x 12mm carbon fibre tube
15mm x 14mm brass tube
8mm x .45mm brass tube
2mm x 2mm neodymium magnets
JB weld, silicone, silicone carbide powder
UV setting glue
0.5mm silicone sheet
6mm x 2mm tritium vial
Perseverance :smiley:

The ice blue/aqua definitely is brighter and lasts longer than orange:

ice blue trits in there as well

Tom, about how long does it last?

Gorgeous. You’re teasing us with your killer modding skills. :wink:
I’d like to see a metal cap with 4 magnet sockets (similar to what you see on the Sofirn C01) and one trit slot in the center. That would be killer.

Thanks. I see NealsGadgets are offering other stuff for the FW3A like saphire glass & GITD tail switch covers.

Neal knows his customers and business :smiley:

Yep, it’ll be tritium tailcap buttons & magnetic button shroud inserts next :smiley:

I still don’t get using sapphire for flashlights at all. Sapphire is good for watches because the crystal is so exposed and swapping it is a REAL chore. On flashlights the bezel protects the crystal from many scratches, and its so easy and cheap to swap out if needed anyway. Beyond that sapphire is less shatter-resistant than almost any other mineral crystal/glass AFAIK.

But… It’s sapphire!

Also, uncoated sapphire has high reflection losses.
I’ve read issues about coated having 0 durability (so some high end makers do them coated on the inside uncoated on the outside).

Oh boy, the ice blue for hours, but no, don't have a definite time. I'm thinking though it was still glowing at 5-6 hours, but not certain.

It's a huge difference - sorry I spent that kind of money on orange - not worth anything to me, actually. We, or I, should tell Neal.

Nice thanks.

Off the buffer using the god stuff… :wink:

No more hand polishing for this kid! :confounded:

Now that looks gorgeous

Missed a bit :smiley:

Come on…… :open_mouth: ……jeez it wasn’t fully dressed yet… :smiley: