Gearbest never gave me my prize from the 2018 scratch build!

Hey folks i won $35 from last year scratch build contest and Gearbest never gave me my prize. I asked for a drone which has now apparently gone out of production after making me wait 3 months for the drone to come back in stock. Mate 35 buck could get me 2 C8s that i can mod.

They offered me a lesser drone but that hardly seems fair as i am then loosing money because i also added $16 USD to my $35 USD prize. They can not break up the prize money so i would have lost out. So i said i would wait for it to come back in stock and they said okay it will be 2 weeks this was 4-5 months ago lol.

Since then i have heard nothing and my messages have not been answered. Basically my prize is gone now.

The issue is that they refused to give me points or a voucher with money to spend the only thing they could do was give me a discount of 35 USD of one item only! So i used the coupon on an item that was never in stock but as usual the website said it was in stock. Now its still not in stock after waiting like 5 months and i have no options yay!

Why sponsor a competition if you are not going honor the prizes?

I will happily post my messages exchanged with Gearbest if need be?

Between _ _, GB and Yodel I had a hell of a time getting my 2017 prize, still didn’t get the full value or exactly what I wanted, six months after.
Have you contacted GB through the forum?
Sometimes they have a useful person there.

It’s just not this, Gearbest seems to be going down the drain.

Hey mate yea this was all done through BLF on the messenger so i would be with the one or two reps that run the Gearbest thread. Maybe the reps have changed now so no one knows about the agreement i am not sure.

Gearbest rep Yono (I think this was her name) was replaced some time ago. I liked her, as she was quite cheerful posting funny simple gifs in the daily deals section. I don’t know about the other Gearbest CS rep though.

I stay away from GearBest becausse of the following:

- often sending mistaken orders (only to GB favour) and huge problems to get any refund (they used to tell me: you can get 50points for another purchase)

- about a half of my reviews were not rewarded with points - I got tired with pointing it every other time

• about half cases when I order 2 or more the same items: comes only one

And I’m sick and tired of sending movies and pictures showing lack of this or that. Their Customer Service’ primary task is to discourage the customer.

Just when I got used to the trustworthyness and comfort of a western webshop, combined with the prices of a Far-East webshop, things are slowly turning in reverse gear. And I am not only referring to GB!

I haven’t bought from GB in over a year. Their prices used to be very competitive but generally I’ve been finding them not much different from BG or AliE. Their coupon bait+switch is too annoying now.

This confirms what I’ve been thinking about GB lately too. I haven’t bought from GB for about a year and definitely not since that hacking / compromise that surfaced a few months back

Sorry to hear this happen to you Chris ….

How can anyone not like you ?

Years ago Gearbest was totally corrupt, and then for the last couple of years they seemed much improved according to many posters but now this incredible story, which sounds like the Gearbest of old.

I gave up on them back in 2015.

Gearbest is only 4 (maybe 5?) years old. Are you sure it’s Gearbest you’re talking about?

Not forgetting GearBest.com was subject to a huge hack some time ago

No more GB for me too

Their prices vary a lot, sometimes they have nice deals, but sometimes their prices are absurd, for instance look for a Convoy L2 or L6 :person_facepalming:

But i still had some points so ordered already 3 times last month

Darn, sorry some of y’all are having problems with GB. :frowning:

Personally, every one of my experiences have been positive…. from shortly after they opened through present.

I just wait for an item I want to go on sale or use a code for a good price & order.

Yeah, occasionally I have to wait for an item to be restocked, but I don’t mind if the price is right.

It is a shame however the way the OP was treated. :frowning: . There is no excuse for that at all…… :person_facepalming:

I could have probably written it better but I thought Gearbest was a mess in 2015, and the posts that were indicating that it was improving were during the last couple, or 2 years (or so).

I was already weary of China business from the Wallbuys days.

Clear. :+1:

Too bad about the mess, as they have/had nice offerings.

Thanks for the support lads!

Maybe we should think about self funding the scratch build contest from donations so this doesn’t happen? Seeing as we have so many members now?

I doubt that would happen, most of them can’t even be bothered to post in the build threads.
Maybe some food or cat pictures would help… :smiley:

my recent feedback regarding GB would also be negative

- I ordered several items, roughly half of them were not in stock. Got my money back, but why waste my time and effort in selling something to me they never intend to ship?

- Pretty much all my reviews only get 5 points. Regardless of how much effort I put in, videos, pictures and so on (sometimes the review won’t get points at all)

• Points now also expire very quickly, you have to use them quickly (“shop there all the time”)

Their deals are also not that great any longer, better prices elsewhere.

Hmm, I ordered 3 Sanrenmu axis lock knives from Gearbest 6 days ago, paid with PP (receipt shows paid). This thread prompted me to check on my order status…. whoa, GB site says my order “does not exist”! I guess I’d better keep an eye on this; I might need to start a PP dispute in a couple of weeks.