Noctigon K1 info / review

DB which one did you get?

I’m guessing the w1, with a measured 615kcd…
If it’s a w2, it’s over performing

Why does it have to be a 21700 “unprotected”?

Protected cells are probably too long to fit without crushing the springs or the cell.

Yup, I got the 1x1 White Flat for max throw. The 21700 is already a long cell, a protection circuit added would be even longer (are there protected 21700’s even?) at any rate, only the prescribed non-protected 21700 will fit. (Well, smaller cells can be adapted of course)

There are plenty of protected 21700 cells. Manufacturers like Acebeam, Wuben, Fenix, Klarus, etc. all make protected 21700 cells.

I just measured my K1 with the 2mm CSLPM1.TG using the Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with Maukka lights and Sekonic meter. Output measurements taken at 2 seconds after turn on. Sorry no throw measurements.

Turbo, 1172 lumens, 7496K, DUV –0.0056, CRI 71.5, R9 –6.4, R12 42.9, Rf 64, Rg 97
Top of Ramp 987 lumens, 7165K, DUV –0.0047, CRI 69.7, R9 –12.4, R12 41.5, Rf 63, Rg 97

Here is Vinh’s measurements for comparison.

The reflector is so perfectly tuned. It has the least artifact I’ve ever seen for these kinds of throwers and the beam is cleaner than the Speras T1 and Skylumen Delta. Spill is dimmer than I expected from the pics I’ve seen online. I can’t wait to see someone put a Oslon Boost HX in there. Wonder if it can do 1,800 lumens and 800+kcd.

I asked Hank about this very thing :
His response

__I’m not sure it the Boost HX will reach to 800kcd, considering
the HX LED has wide range of bins, which the low bin even has less throw than the current LED that we use.
I don’t think it can be easily modded since the reflector might not fit.

Took the K1, Speras T1, and Skylumen Delta outside for comparison. The K1 is noticeably more intense than the Delta, which was used to be my throwiest light for the longest time. However, what impresses me the most is the Speras T1. I was surprised how similar the beam looks compared to the K1. It was extremely hard to tell a difference in beam and intensity. Only with very careful observation do I notice that the K1 beam is a bit more intense. That is amazing considering how the T1 head size is noticeably smaller than the K1. However, I think the T1’s step down is too aggressive per the graphs I’ve seen whereas the K1 can sustain high output much better per the graph in the OP.

Also compared them with my two W30vn and W10vn G2. While the W30vn throws noticeably farther, it is less usable because of the extreme tint shift and tiny pencil beam. Even the W10vn G2 which throws about the same distance is far less usable because of the extreme tint shift within the hotspot and very high DUV common with LEP flashlights. The uniform tint and larger beam of the K1 and T1 allows me to see much more clearly and actually make out details. Therefore I don’t think LEP will replace conventional reflector throwers anytime soon.

Anyways, I really like both the K1 and T1.

My K1-W2 came in today. It’s my favorite mid sized thrower.

If it is possible,mind to share beamshot.Maybe if it is not to much to ask,300m,600m and 900m beamshot of both t1 and k1.

I never did get either of those… and I always kinda regretted not trying one. But now I can finally put that to rest, since I have something newer and throwier.

Despite being only phone pics, that shows the beam really well.

Thanks, of course my phone pics are courtesy of a manual app that lets me run the phones camera like a DSLR. Lol

Just something I noticed and was curious if anyone else has:

My LED cane absolutely perfectly centered and had a perfect beam. Then, the other night, just playing around with it inside,I noticed the dot on the wall was asymmetric. I looked at the LED (1X1), and it was ever so slightly off center. So, I’m bumped the head against my hand and it was fine. Like the reflector isn’t tight against the board.

This doesn’t bother me, really, just something I noticed. I realize with such a small emitting surface in a relatively large reflector any and all deviations from “near perfect” will become apparent.

So before I go pulling yet another trigger… the idea behind the 800kcd Boost HX led isn’t feasible…

SO therefore in this size range, compact thrower…This is the top of the heap, at the moment?

Justanotherguy, as best I can tell, yes. Heck, it’s it’s equal or better in actual throw distance to the TN42 and at least twice as many cd/lm, which although is becoming dated, is still a respected thrower and is far larger.

I can’t find any other LED light this size with higher intensity. Only LEP.

Yeah. It seems the only options for this size+performance are LEP, custom builds, and Noctigon K1. And the first two options are like $200 or more.

Details are rendered far better with conventional LED throwers than LEP lights though. Tint shift in LEP lights is too extreme making it more of a toy than a tool. Although the majority buying the K1 has no intent of using it as a tool

Got mine a week or so ago . ( WF 1 ) Man is it fun ! I could swear I was lighting the moon ! :laughing:

Excuse my ignorance, but are there plans or is it even possible to offer these with Osram in a neutral white?

I too would love a warm or neutral white Osram emitter, but I don’t believe they are manufactured any warmer than 6000K. Maybe someday…

For now your only option is the xpl or sst, or maybe the xhp35 when Hank offers that one. None of those will be nearly as throwy, of course.