Nitecore News and Rumors: NWE30 Beacon, NB5000 power bank

I often see whispers, rumors, and launches of new products around the web and thought it would be good to bring them to BLF for discussion. To avoid spammy threads, I'll limit this to one per brand and update when I hear of something new. Feel free to discuss or add your own news below!

Other threads: Lumintop

New TIKI GITD

Source: HK equipment FB post

It is such a shame that a company like Nitecore just copy Royvyvon from time to time. First they started with the Tiki/Tiki LE. It looks almost exactly the same as Rovyvon Aurora series 1.
While Rovyvon second gen has improved so much more with better UI, Nichia options, bigger battery.

Picture side by size comparision from @Zeroair review:

And now they continue to copy shamelessly the second time with GITD Tiki - without making any improvement.

I am a big fan of Rovyvon for their great product, innovation, and awesome customer service feel really frustrated to see this happened.

Thanks for telling the truth. :slight_smile: And your support is always the motivation we keep innovating and making better products.

It is sad that there is rarely any innovation these days, Jetbeam also did their version of this style.

Nitecore really turned me off a few years ago when I reported to them some leaking lithium batteries. They really did not seem to care much. There are too many better lights out there then to over pay with Nitecore.

Nitecore’s own products have copies. Everything attractive gets copied sooner or later. I’d say that increases interest in original designs even more. No real problem here.

I guess the issue there is: Nitecore products are copied and become “unbranded” cheappo lights (specially the keychain flashlights).
What happened with the TIKI (and the JN Mini One) is that it was an “original” model from a small and innovative company - RovyVon - that became “copied” by “major flashlight manufacturers”, in this case Nitecore and Jetbeam.

Hopefully the originals will still be better to give RovyVon the deserved merit for them !

And yeah, I know that RovyVon lights are more expensive, but that’s the cost of creation/innovation vs “copying” :wink:

I will still buy Nitecore lights, the TIP SE seems nice, but the TIKI is a no-go! At least if they improved it… :person_facepalming:

Plus, I’ll give them the credit of a more careful development. Unfortunately, their lights doesn’t fit my budget :weary: .

New Tactical Lights

I love digging through and finding things that haven't made it into websites yet. Nitecore posted a promotional video on YouTube:

Which mentioned a NPL20 gun light I wasn't aware of existing. A web search led me to their Nitewing catalog, which appears to show a whole lineup of weapons lights that haven't yet been released:

No one has copied the Nitecore TM9K, and there is no other original. Yet, that I know of.

-----------------

Nirvana stole the riff from Killing Joke; Killing Joke stole the riff from The Damned; The Damned stole the riff from the Moody Blues; Moody Blues stole the riff from Chuck Berry; Chuck berry stole the riff from Glen Miller; Glen Miller stole the riff from Richard Wagner; Richard Wagner stole the riff from Bach, Bach stole the riff from King David; King David stole the riff from the Jezubites; the Jezubites stole the riff from the Babylonians; the Babylonians stole the riff from the Neanderthals; the Neanderthals stole the riff from Australopithecus afarensis; Australopithecus afarensis stole the riff from the choanoflagellates, and the riff was given to the choanoflagellates by God.

New Launch: NTP31 Pen

This appears to be nearly identical to the NTP30 I reviewed, but made of anodized aluminum instead of titanium and with a redesigned steel clip. The clip actually looks a bit more usable, as the one on the NTP30 was quite firm.

Source: NTP31 Product Page

The TIKI GITD product page is now live

New NB5000 power bank launched

and a beacon, the NWE30

I’m not so sure there’s no problem.
An example. A keychain light is invented.

- Nobody else makes them. Few know them. 10,000 are sold by the inventor.

• Everybody copies them. Half the world knows them. 100 are sold by the inventor. Millions worldwide.

Copies are good for humanity, but not so good for the inventor.

Just my two cents :slight_smile: