Any good 4 AA lights out there? Bought SP-11 thanks!

Pretty nice LuxPro…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KCYQ2MY/

High retaining-ring holding in the driver, but solder a spring to the driver, and it’d fit a 21700 for great runtime.

I went “all out” and put in some nice solid front glass, with a layer of diffusion film (uses an XP-G3… ’nuff said) to smooth out the beam, and it’s pretty nice for around the house, even letting The Muggle use it.

Even using evil hateful little AAA alkaleaks, it’s pretty nice.

Not many, “GOOD” 4xAAA lights but, some nice 2XAAA lights. Keep an eye out HERE. If more stock/pre-orders become available.

Don’t complain about the price. You asked for good. :smiley:

Barnum

Why a 4AAA light? Personally, I’d look for a good 1-2AA light instead.

I screwed up! I meant to ask for 4AA suggestions for long life easy availability of cells.

TK4A, TN4A, SP…something.

SP11 have 2. Nitecore EA42 gets 1800 lumens have 2 also.

Correction Sofirn SF11

The light that comes to mind first is Sofirn’s SF11. It’s a rather nice light and just under $25. Fenix also still has a 4AA light. Older out of production 4AA lights can still be found you Ebay. Sadly, 4AA lights never really caught on. To me, it feels like the’re a sort of niche in a niche since 18650s became so common.

The Sofirn SF11 was my first Sofirn light! It’s like a budget version of the ThruNite TN4A.
The only catch is that it doesn’t have physical lockout because the body isn’t part of the circuit.

What about the Fenix fd45?

Thanks for all the great tips guys! That Sofirn SF-11 looks like a great fit.

Another happy SF-11 owner here. My LED was not well soldered but it was real easy to fix- no glue anywhere on my light :+1:

Another fantastic 4-AA light is the Nitecore EA45S. I got mine on sale at Illumn for $49. They still show it in their Monthly Specials list, but they don’t show the sale price. If you contact them, they might make a deal.

Thanks! I hope if I get an 11 that it’s ok. I don’t do modding and repairs.

The TN4a is one of my favorite lights. Really like the NW version but see it has went WAY up in price. The CW is still around $50. The sofirn looks great but not sure if it is still available.

I have found a great diffuser for the SF-11's. I own a couple Tk4A thorfires which are the exact same light as the SF-11.Great little light and much nicer when you add a big rubberized magnet that fills up the odd hole in the bottom of these lights and a 3"+ diffuser that fits like it was made for them .

<< --Something like this ...The beauty of a taller ,basically straight sided diffuser is they aren't glarey like so many wand type diffusers . You can run the light on it's highest setting and look right at the diffuser . I have something like it on a BLF Q8 and you can look right at it about 4500 lumens .Makes for a perfect lantern ...(one reason I never bought the BLF LT1.

On the 4AA lights this slides down onto the light about an inch and ends up with a suction type grip .Made to accept a fake /led votive candle .

These lights have a really nice and low moon mode .The Sofirns are generally a little over 20$

Where can I get such a great diffuser for the SF11?

I looked before (just goggling around to refresh my memory), and ostensibly it’s still available on amazon(!) from 77 Outdoor for 20something bux.

If I didn’t already have a pair of TK4As, I’d jump on it.

I’m interested in the magnet & diffuser. Any links?

If you don’t mind shipping from China, the SF11 is still at a pretty nice $19 on Sofirn’s site!

https://sofirnlight.com/sf11-flashlight-p0120.html

And if you buy it along with another light (or add ~$2 of filler items), shipping’s free.