Armytek a cautionary tale

Just a heads up for any folks who might be purchasing from Armytek.

I attempted to order two AA headlamps from them when they were having their Black Friday sale. The website would not allow me to purchase anything to be shipped to United States. They had a banner ad that said if you notify the customer service they will assist you to purchase as it was a glitch with their website.

I contacted them via email. They generated my order and sent me a bill via PayPal. I paid this the same day. That shipped quickly and I got a shipping notice although I did not pay attention to the address that they had shipped to.

They shipped the lights to someone named “Sebastian“ who lives in Florida. I have no idea how they got that address. I live over 1000 miles away.

When I did not receive the lights after several weeks, I went back to contact them and realized that they had shipped to the wrong address. They offered me some different lights which I did not want an exchange. After multiple emails back-and-forth, they finally refunded my money today.

When I tried the other day, their website still would not allow me to purchase if you’re going to ship to the United states.

Just a heads up for anyone who tries to purchase from them to pay very close attention to all of the details.

Sebastian, if you are a member here, congratulations!

Sounds like a very weird, unprofessional company. thanks for the heads up.

Makes Bangood sound like a dream company.

Looks like our Sebastian is in for a GAW, to US members of course. Just kidding.

The best thing about AT is their marketing, though the reality can be found at BLF and CPF.
Not even the “dedicated” moderators on CPF are able to downplay the flow of complaints.

They call themselves a Canadian manufacturer, who “happens to own” a plant in China. My buttocks!
It’s a Chinese operation and they source parts outside China. They are not the only ones who do that.
Their Canadian address was a family house in a residential area, and now a shared office building.

That would not matter to me if their build quality, or their warranty, matched their marketing skills.
They don’t. As a hopeless flashaholic I have an extensive Bucket-list. And AT is NOT on it.

naughty AT !

ArmyTek gets a lot of love over on reddit but I rarely even see them mentioned here. BLF seems to look elsewhere for headlamps and such

Wow. Ok, here’s my experience:

Got an already discounted Wiz with another discount code: Approx. $35. Not the first time it happened to them and they always delivered.

Had to wait a little longer for a Tiara. AT offered free shipping ($15 down).

Beside the Wiz and the Tiara, I own a Dobermann, Prime, and Partner. Oh, and a Zippy. All excellent lights. Within the technical boundaries, they never failed to deliver the expected tint. I’d say, their yellowish “warm light” is one reason I bought a few of them.

ATs UIs for tactical lights as well as for “multilights” are exactly like I want them.

Wasn’t too long ago they advertised a good sale on certain lights. Problem is, they charged a huge shipping fee which made the price full retail +. No sale deal after all

Caution buying them from their AE shop, they put the real value of the package with the obvious customs robbery later.

First tell them to change the real value.

My one and only order with them was about 3 years ago. They had AA lights on sale, so I ordered two headlights and a 2AA Partner. When I got the package it was missing one of the headlights. I emailed them and the reply was that they only had one in stock so they only shipped one. I would have understood if they had emailed me saying that, but there was no communication from them saying it was a partial shipment. They eventually shipped the second light, but I figured if they didn’t bother notifying a customer that there was a problem with the order they didn’t deserve my future business.

Lucky Sebastian