Suggestions for an 800g light wrist strap

After winning the FT03 in brass, my love for it keeps growing - something I thought would be a shelf queen has become and ‘ENC’ every night carry on dog walks.
What I need is a strong wrist strap that won’t mark the brass (ideally). The one that comes with it, well, I wouldn’t trust it with a smaller light, let alone this beast.
Just wondered if anyone could suggest a wrist strap that is up to the job?
I am major paranoid I’m going to drop it at some point, though it wouldn’t be the end of the world in the fields, I think I’d have a nervous breakdown if i dropped it on Tarmac!
With the battery it’s about 800g!

Hum, I’d make you a challenge :wink:
If you can get some paracord (or similar wire/rope and some clasps) and make an appropriate lanyard/shoulder strap, it would be an interesting thing to do!

That’s what I’d do at least, and it would be “your” shoulder trap/lanyard!
What do you say? :nerd_face:

I say yes lol!
I have a bag FULL of paracord! it did cross my mind…. Maybe 2 little thick keyrings (tiny ones not full size) for the 2 holes, maybe even solder them shut… then weave one, I’ve made enough bracelets after all!
Project for tomorrow! :+1:
BTW I was gonna pm you Mr B, you have a TK 16 right? is it osram? I am in love with mine - the FW3C is very jealous (better not type too loud :stuck_out_tongue: )
Here’s a paracord one I made for a friend.

The reflective neck lanyards the four sevens used to come with are pretty nice. I picked up a bunch on ebay not too long ago, you might want to check them out!

I’ll have a gander :+1:
Most lanyard clippy type things use that cast ‘metal’ who knows what it is - but it’s very weak, i have had a few break at work when catching on something.
I do have some little ones like this - but they are too thick

what i need are 2 of the little rings like in this pic - they look nice and strong.

Ahah, challenge accepted then :smiley:
I’ll be looking to see the result of the waving :wink: I love paracord, have a box full of it and other types of rope and thinner coloured wire, so it was the first thing that came to my mind :wink:

Hum, in case you don’t want to use rings to avoid scratching, you can use 1 piece that goes from the 2 holes in the tail, through the back of the head, and then you have a cobra knot to unite that “wire” and adjust it to allow a good grip and no possibility for it to fall.

This is a suggestion of course :wink:

Made a sketch :smiley: (photo taken from Astrolux FT03 SST40 review | One of the best budget long-range flashlights | 1lumen.com)

Yup, I do have a TK16 (Alu version) also with Orsam, and it throws as hell even being a triple :smiley:
I don’t use it often because the mode changing is slower than I woul like. If it was a little bit faster, as Olight, it would be my EDC light :wink:

Ahaha, I guess the FW3C has it space in your collection, so it won’t feel sad :wink:

Sweet :o :heart_eyes:

Love those colours, what a nice bracelet :wink:
Mine are surely more simple :smiley:

So, you’ve got what it needs for an amazing lanyard :wink:

Well, I didn’t wait until the morning…… turned out pretty sweet :slight_smile: :+1:
Thanks for the suggestion Mr B!

Wow :o It turned super duper cool :heart_eyes:
Love it :wink: And without rings or scratches!! :wink:
You made it adjustble, it was even better than what I “conceived in my mind !!

And that paracord looks great! May I ask where you bought it? :innocent:

Congrats and good work :beer:

Yeah it’s based on a ‘mad max’ from bored paracord (good video). I made it a fair bit bigger than normal, gloved hands having to fit through etc. It is only really there to stop an accidental drop, rather than to have real tight like a normal bracelet. The hardest bit was getting the paracord through the holes lol! I hadn’t made one for a while, but it’s like riding a bike :stuck_out_tongue:
Now, I got it on ebay (from China) but I’ll have to dig to find out where exactly - I have some purple/black which is the same.
I’ll update tomorrow with a link hopefully. :+1: Thanks for the kind comments too :slight_smile:

Hey, don’t bother looking for the link, I normally but at AliExpress only! Maybe I find something similar there :wink:

Hum, I like Bored Paracord too, learned some stuff there :wink: Was a good inspiration for you too, I can see!
Well, you’re right gloves make things thicker to it’s better to have it with some more space for the hand than being tight and squeeze the hand when putting it into place!

Glad you made and you like, it really looks good and “shinny” :wink:
:+1:

Looks nice.

Thin Kevlar or UHMWPE works quite well. Sold by kite stores, e.g. https://www.emmakites.com/collections/kevlar-line-1/products/100-2000lb-braided-kevlar-line-utility-cord. Here's some 350lb UHMWPE.

I have the same thought when I was winning this EC01 in a giveaway and here’s my DIY paracord lanyard:

Of course, nhờ vào (thanks to) vietnamreview

Nice work guys :+1: I actually have some kevlar kite string in the loft …… forgot all about that!
I find it quite relaxing doing paracord, and rewarding of course, how about you?

I see you went for all-paracord (nice work!) but if anyone wants a more off the shelf option, I use a JJC neoprene camera wrist strap for my big lights:

Got the idea from someone on CPF, but I’ve unfortunately lost the original link, otherwise I’d credit them here.

Phlogiston, i agree.
since i am “all thumbs” in terms of crafts,
i just used the old camera wrist straps
that i had.