Wurkkos WK30 - Impressions

Since there are many official reviews of this light i decided to not reinvent the wheel and just post my impressions of this light.

Its small! Once i opened the package (after covid quarantine) i was shocked at how tiny it is. I was expecting a pretty big light since its a 26650 host.

The white light is a gorgeous tint. I bought this light for UV so the fact that the white is a nice colour is an unexpected bonus.
The mode selection and spacing is good. And it tail stands nicely.
When you change modes it ramps which makes the light feel classy.

The red is surprisingly bright and has 3 modes which is interesting. The throw is decent as well.

The UV is interesting, being my first UV light, The low mode is silly, on high is whats needed.

The USB charging works well, its micro USB not the nice type C reversible but no biggie. And it charges quick, 1.5A charging it says in the manual.

Criticisms:

The UI is kinda annoying, Having to hold the switch to turn it off is definitely not my cup of tea. But oh well.

I don’t like mode memory but even more i dislike the fact white has mode memory but red and UV don’t. They should have chosen mode memory for all or (preferably) for none.

They charged shipping even though it said free shipping all the way to the PayPal screen (and i didn’t notice it until after i paid becasue of the exchange rate).

<br

-These are initial impressions, expect more impressions as i use the light further

That's pretty sneaky...

PayPal says "free shipping", but they charge you shipping anyway.

Yup, i didn’t figure it out until after i paid and i took the final price and calculated the exchange rate and realized they charged an extra $3 [rolleyes]

its a good light, u probably have the newer updated UV led 360nm or so, the early batch had like 390nm… not gonna buy another one just for the uv… still a neat light .

More impressions coming tomorrow.
I need to rerun one test before reporting.

No ability to test the UV emitter though, beyond using it around the house. Very interesting that is :slight_smile:

More impressions:

This light tailstands very well. Great for lighting rooms. And the modes are good for this as well, 5 lumen is silly most of the time but 120 lumen and 400 lumen light up a room well depending on your runtime needs. 1200 lumen is nice as well though the light gets hot quickly.
I am not sure if this light has temperature regulation or not.

The narrow reflectors means eye blinding when operated tail standing vs other lights. I never realized this would be an issue as this is my first super shallow reflector light.

The white led can burn you if you have it close to your skin for more than a few seconds on 1200 lumen. As fast or maybe faster than my Convoy M3C with its XHP-70 chip putting out a (claimed) 4000 lumens.
Is this due to the incredibly shallow reflector or the LED chip? I don’t know, but perhaps this Samsung chip is better than Cree chips at putting heat out the front with its lumens (making head cooling easier)?

When charging the light can run in 120 lumen mode which is perfect for lighting a room while charging the battery. So in a power outage situation and connected to a powerbank this is perfect.

More impressions coming

i think it lowers after 5min from 1200 lumens to 600 or so… i never have run my so long really. just a good versatile light overall u aint gonna win no lumens contest with this one but that isnt the idea either.

I have not tested that but have no reason to doubt it.
The 120/400 lumen modes would be the most used in tail standing.
An observation i was going to make with my next impressions post is that an hour at 400 lumens made the light warm but not hot. A good choice on their part.

This light is nice but a challenge for an ‘ole man’ light. I can get to the red mode after a couple of tries but the UV is very difficult for me. I really struggle with 3 consecutive fast clicks. :person_facepalming: :cry: :beer:

its not really that hard, if u are on red mode just hold in the button and it will shut down, uv is just 3 fast clicks need just practice. switching the modes. it was a bit confusing for me when i got the light first but now its no problems change modes. :smiley:

when u are on either mode just click once to change brightness settings.

I mess it up sometimes too then have to do it again.