woot: choose from 5 Kershaw knives for $12.99 each

Woot.com has a deal on Kershaw knives going. Choose from Asset, Compound, Tremor, Drone, or Burst. $12.99 each plus $5 per order shipping

Great deal, on these, but how do you decide? I wooted 3 of these, but now I wish I had bought the Compound..... It's always something.

second account?

Can you do that with 1 mailing address?

Probably not, be creative. Isn't there someone in your household/circle of friends/neighbors with a name like John D. .../Jane D. .... .

OK, I can see that receiving a knife that someone didn't order could send the wrong message. ;-)

I might ask my girlfriend, She would be delighted to open it. "Thank god it's not more flashlights!"

..and she hasn't even see the DRY yet.

Ugh, I hate seeing deals like this. So damn tempting, but I probably couldn't get these through UK Customs. Otherwise I'd be ordering a Tremor and a compound right now. Can't beat those prices, particularly in the UK.

howler,

You can still get the Compound from Amazon for $19 shipped, which is only $1 more than the Woot deal. The Asset can be had for $20 shipped, serrated or smooth.

Got a Kershaw 1660BR for Christmas from my son and it is the best knife I have ever had.

He lives in Portland and got it at the factory

My favorite pocket knives ever are Kershaw assisted open lights like these listed by the OP. I have a few that are a little smaller than these but not by a lot. I will be ordering some of these.

If they were allowed to carry here ... I would get a tremor or 2.

Tremor was not available (probably sold out).

They're all assisted openers - by UK law flick knives so won't unless you get lucky and the UKBA doesn't open the package. I lost a DX assisted opener that way.

how often do they have knives listed on WOOT? apologies for my ignorance, this is the first time i've heard of WOOT. thanks for the heads up, i wish i had seen this yesterday before i got a Kershaw Tone from my local sporting goods store. i'll have to keep an eye on thsi WOOT site.

only keep an eye on it if u have a fat wallet ":o) I just bought one of the nice knives, before that it was a GoPro camera for $130. Great deal, but still.....

whoa! that's a great deal on the GoPro!

yea, you got that right! I wasn't ever going to pay $299 as much as I liked it. I think I saw them for maybe $175 on a special one time and was salivating at that. So, $130 was a no-brainer. They sold 5,000 of them in 8 hours! I just read they sold just over 24,000 knives!

I'm not actually sure that the UK automatic knife laws really cover assisted knives - not specifically anyway. At the time that the laws were written, there probably wasn't any such thing as an assisted knife as compared to a switch activated blade. As such, there are any number of legitimate knife dealers in the UK who do import and sell assisted openers, and will argue legal loop holes regarding whether these are truly 'flick' knives or not (they obviously aren't switch blades).

It's the Kershaw argument - OK, you aren't allowed a sprung blade, but is a 'torsion bar' a spring?

I'm sure that if one of these appears in court, and someone actually identifies it as an assisted opener rather than an automatic, it will only be a matter of time until the law is updated to specifically mention assisted openers, and to clear up any grey areas regarding springs, bars, or anything else that might assist in opening.

In the meantime, they are being imported, but when it comes to individual imports, Customs don't deal in grey areas!

Wouldn't be the first time the UKBA exceeded its authority. It seems to get into trouble for it on a regular basis in the European Court.

It's all a bit of a moot point anyway - as assisted knives invariably lock open (they may be some non-locking ones out there, but I certainly can't think of one off the top of my head), it's no like you can actually carry one in the UK. Just a 'naughty fun' item for collectors.