help troubleshooting NlightD T90?

Received today, won’t light. Has flickered sometimes as I close up the cell tube, but then it won’t come on when I press switch.

Light was prize from BLF Old Lumens Challenge #9. It doesn’t have the clip. It also doesn’t have the logo engraved on the switch as it’s shown on nealsgadgets. Don’t know if those details matter. The tail cap seems to screw down to where it would even if the clip was there.

This is my first light with eswitch and anduril, so I have no idea what I’m doing.

Sounds like the tail eswitch is not making contact. Try tightening the tailcap more?

When I tighten down the tailcap all the way (there is a small gap where the clip should be) the signal tube has no play. I think that end is fine. I think it may be the other end of the signal tube not making contact with the driver.

If I put the two tubes together and tighten down the tailcap, insert the cell into the tube, and twist the head on, it feels like the head won’t tighten down enough. Like the signal tube needs to be longer or the springs need to be shorter or something.

With a little more attention paid, it’s flickering on for just a moment as I start to screw the head on. Maybe shorting around the switch somehow or something like that?

Maybe the 21700 IS protected and too long?

Ran down to the nearest spot to buy li-ion cells (vape shop) and bought an 18650 (they didn’t have 21700, had some labelled 20700, but IDK). Put 18650 in with the adapter and it runs.

Anyone recommend a specific cell for this thing and where to buy one?

Probably the Samsung 40T is a good cell for the light. This store is good.

Thank you, EasyB. That looks perfect.

The 18650 I bought, as it happens, was a Samsung 25R. It seems to work fine, but another 1500mAh would be nice :slight_smile:

The site claims a length of 21.1mm on that cell, which might actually fit. The 18650, in the adapter, measures 69mm. The 21700 I was trying to use measures 21.5mm, maybe 21.6mm.