Wurkkos TS30S + monster LED SBT90.2 = $60 4750lm 1km SUPER-Thrower. Comparison w/ TS30S Pro & other lights incl. the :-) insane 13000 lm Nightwatch Valkyrie. (Summary & measurements on P. 1)

> Duv 0.0006

thanks for the duv of the hotspot… that does not sound green at all

green corona is certainly not ideal.
It is inherent in the chip design, that emits a different tint from the side of the LED than from the front

thanks for the photo

I think the wall looks blue because the ambient daylight is cooler than the flashlight beam that the camera is focusing on, using auto white balance… lol

it does clearly show the tint shift in the corona

1 Thank

Olight service truly impeccable - within a few days they are already processing refund for my 3 Olight Pro Warrior LE’s. I now have emergency flashlight fund for 12 Convoys. :person_facepalming: :confounded:

What is mind boggling to me is the internal info leaked from this refund: apparently 215,000 units were sold. At $100 each, meaning ~$20,000,000 in sale, is my math correct and is that possible!? Olight Ecommerce Technology Recalls Flashlights Due to Burn Hazard | CPSC.gov

I was going to keep one of my 3 Pro Warrior’s (I do like Olight a lot - they are beautiful and great walk light), and sell the ones with the horrible green seen in pic below, but it seems I couldn’t eBay them because they were recall/dangerous items. Thank goodness I was allowed to return them.

Fantastic graph by LuxWad [REVIEW] Wurkkos TS30S - Anduril SBT90 thrower for $65! showing the effect of altering thermal limit of the TS30S, with my question added. In case you don’t already know, TS30S comes from factory with preset thermal max of 45° C, and this limit could be changed through Anduril 1’s temp configuration.

Please note this is a Turbo runtime, which is all-hell-breaking-loose bright :slight_smile: in this light. (Btw every one of my Anduril lights is re-configured to start at Turbo level with one click, except this crazy light lol; I’ve left it to start at High.)

Looking at this graph and seeing that increasing the temp to 60°C only gets me a couple extra minutes, and no better sustained brightness, I am debating whether that’s what I really want to do. The light does get very hot very quickly, and 60 is not necessarily comfortable to hold. I crave brightness but actually might even go back to stock 45° C now that I see this graph. This is of course personal preference, no right or wrong.

1 Thank

Hey guys, thanks a lot for all great ideas and suggestions.
I have reported all in the post to our engineers and they have passed my TS30S upgrade plan.
Let’s looking forward the new TS30S or new TS30Pro ; )

1 Thank

Hi Terry, great news, and “TS30Pro,” I like that name. You are very aggressive err… “proactive” :slight_smile: with customer feedback in product development. I think it’s wonderful.

The SBT90.2 LED is on the green side, and I am perfectly OK with that (super high power super thrower LED, can’t have everything), but please do make sure Wurkkos get a batch that is not outrageously green.

One thing that should stay hugely in favor of Wurkkos TS30S - the rock bottom price. I don’t know how you do it but no one else comes close to the 60 buck sale price of this SBT90.2 light. Keep up the good work.

I hold Convoy in highest regard so I’m glad that the Wurkkos seems to match Convoy L8 well with respect to sustained brightness.

I was tempted to go with L8 but eventually picked Wurkkos because it’s much less expensive and I prefer the smaller size and standard 21700 battery. Now, having seen these 2 runtimes, I do feel better about my choice.

Spill/flood and hotspot/throw of Wurkkos TS30S versus larger SBT90.2 lights - from Google search :person_facepalming: so please correct as needed .

“Spill” comes from direct light of an emitter, the “forward” light that is NOT reflected by reflector, vs hotspot/throw which comes form re-directed light of reflector. So compared to larger SBT90.2 lights, I would expect the smaller/more shallow reflector of the Wurkkos, while having less throw, will have a wider (“better”) flood. The shallow reflector leads to a wider angle of direct emitter light.

Conversely, a deeper reflector, while having narrower angle of direct emitter light (less flood), will have a more intense hotspot because more light is re-directed into hotspot, resulting in a more intense, tighter hotspot, and better throw.

I see this scenario played out in my comparison of three GT-FC40 lights (M21B, F, and E). M21B has the least throw but the “best” flood whereas M21E has the brightest/tightest hotspot but the least flood. It’s a tradeoff between flood vs throw when a single LED like SBT90.2 is used by different hosts, and this tradeoff really reminds me of the ride vs handling tradeoff in sports cars. :stuck_out_tongue: You could have one or the other, but not both (generally).

Thank you cannga, your threads and posts are beautiful and useful.
I received my TS30S and it is very impressive but a lot of heat.
I did the thermal setting of anduril and am curious to see the runtime.

Thanks for the kind words & glad you are having fun with this crazy cheap err “affordable” light. I believe SBT90.2 is the culmination of what latest LED technology has to offer wrt output and throw in a single LED.

IMHO TS30S should be used as the measuring yardstick. Anyone looking for a jacket-pocket size thrower should probably compare his choice to TS30S wrt to cost, throw, size, etc. I think until another vendor comes out with a sub 60 buck SBT90.2 light, the TS30S is almost impossible to beat.

For me it has made the hobby less interesting because since I bought it I’ve stopped looking for throwers to buy. Reaching the end of the rainbow so to speak :innocent: .

I’m playing with TS30S in these days and it’s very impressive.
I think this is a Best Buy if you want a sbt90.2 flashlight.

Convoy clip fits perfectly on TS30S, after bending the 2 small arms outwards a few mm, and bend the clip upward so it doesn’t hit surface of light’s body. I like to have some colors and have a lot of leftover yellow spray paint :slight_smile: .

The lights’s tail cap has grooves, and if you put the clip in that groove it’s more stable. Clip prevents light from rolling off table, but actually functional as well. As long as you wear loose fit pants with side pocket, it works nicely to keep light up in the pocket.

Yellow clip looks awesome.

Thanks Zoulas. If you decide to use this Convoy clip make sure to bend the arms outwards first so that they don’t scratch the light’s finish.

I just noticed this light is “out of stock” at Wurkkos web site. Fake news or real? If indeed gone too bad, such an incredible deal.

Fake news has nothing to do with reality...

If you don't like the news, it's fake news.

will be available again towards the end of November. the warehouse is being restocked.

I finally got around to measure output with my Texas Ace Lumen Tube:
Stock Wurkkos Battery ~3980 lm
With AR lens ~4090 lm (~3% gain)
With AR Lens Samsung 40T+ ~4750 lm (3% + 16% gain)

Second Wurkkos battery is better, measuring ~4160 lm stock. Samsung 40T’s gain over this battery is 11%.
The AR lens I used is UCLp Acrylic: UCL Lens - Flashlightlens.com - Online Store

Without doubt the Samsung 40T makes a big difference. The 4 Samsung batteries I tested got 4520 lm, 4730 lm, 4730 lm, and 4750 lm.

I use this light second most, only slightly behind the Convoy M21E with FC40. The brightness and throw are just so damn fun :slight_smile: , in a light that could fit loose side pocket of my khaki pants (no tight jeans!). Like the M21E, I would also recommend the TS30S without reservation, especially at the Black Friday sale price (a mere 60 bucks) on Wurkkos web site.

I just measured mine with Wurkkos stock battery 3870 lm at @30s
Thanks for sharing your measurements, the samsung battery gives a nice extra burst of current.

@Argo you’re welcome.

I got tired of waiting for Nightwatch Chaos and new Convoy S21D, so decided to try this small monster D3. I am intrigued by the powerful LED and moreover this light would get here in time for Xmas (per Lumintop no lock-down where they are). https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804035439583.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.21ef1802WSa1Xr&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&\_randl_shipto=US

With various discounts including Black Friday I got it at rock bottom 36 bucks, but now price unfortunately has gone back up. From the spec this is another monster LED, and I can’t wait to see how it will compare with one of my most cherished lights, the Wurkkos TS30S. Seems like it might have higher output :+1: :slight_smile: , but not as throwy.

It seems confusing but as best I could understand, you would get both 21700 and 28600 adapters only if you order the light without battery (???). Not sure I understand the logic, but that’s what I did. They are out of 28600 battery anyway.

Table I found from Nightwatch. Lumen density = max lumens/luminous area; I assume an indication of throw (?). Check out the number for SBT90.2, why the Wurkkos throws 1 km.

I hightlight the LEDs in 3 very interesting lights that I would like to get. Lumintop D3 with SFN55 not as throwy as Wurkkos TS30S, but with that kind of tremendous output should be very interesting. Don’t think I will get 8000, but will be happy with maybe 5000.

The D3 is so small, should be the very definition of a pocket rocket. I expect step-downs but will be happy with a few seconds of 5000 lumen glory :innocent: . I still want Nightwatch Chaos badly, but it still is MIA due to China’s lock-down.