New Nitecore SRT6i 2100 lumens Tactical Flashlight with Smart Selector Ring Is Out Now

Nitecore continue to expand their range of flashlights, this time with the SRT6i which has a number of unique features.

It is designed to be operated with a single hand, thanks to the updated 4th generation of Smart Selector Ring. This control ring gives quick access to lock-out, 3 power levels, a TAC momentary mode. In addition to the ring, Nitecore have dual tail buttons, the main power button, and a 2 stage mode button. All of the controls are in one place, which makes for positive and simple operation by the user.

With a size of 163mm x 40mm, and a weight of 167g, the flashlight is still compact enough for a comfortable pocket or belt carry.

An impressive maximum range of 510 metres, at 2100 lumens. It’s a notable update over the original SRT6 which was 930 lumens.

HA III anodized aluminum with plenty of knurling for a secure grip. The SRT6i is drop tested to 2 metres, and rated to IP68 (up to 2 metres submersion). Nitecore also incorporated a hardened strike bezel using silicon nitride ceramics which gives superior glass breaking abilities. The front cover lens glass is also coated with a scratch resistant layer.

Powerful Tactical Beam with over 500 metres range, 3 power levels

With a high candela of 65,200, the SRT6i has a focussed long range beam which hits 510 metres at the top Turbo output of 2100 lumens. Even at the mid level of 300 lumens, it can still reach 175 metres; a low output is available at 30 lumens and a range of 56 metres.

The strobe mode (which has random frequencies) also hits 2100 lumens, and thanks to the clever switch design you always have instant access to the strobe, and momentary mode.
Nitecore include a high capacity NL2150HPi 5000mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery. This special cell features dual output, with positive and negative terminals at the end. A lower internal resistance means it can maintain it’s output with lower power loss, compared to a regular cell. Offering a run time of up to 70 hours at the lowest power level

The flashlight also features a built in Type-C charging port, which can fast charge the battery from flat to full in around 3 hours 15 minutes. The LED on the side indicates charging status, and the power level. When you turn the SRT6i on, and the power is 50% or under, it will flash once every 2 seconds to alert you. If the power level is critical it rapidly flashes continuously.

Smart Selector Ring, with Dual Tail Buttons – simple precise operation

Operating the SRT6i couldn’t be simpler. It’s specially designed Smart Ring allows you to quickly select the 3 brightness levels (low, mid, turbo), and a TAC mode (with a full or half press for Turbo or low momentary levels). In addition to this a lockout is also on the ring.

Nitecore’s dual tail buttons are encased in a classic U shape on the base of the flashlight. No need to fumble around, this shape is a proven design which prevents accidental activation, yet is easy the buttons simply by feel. This model can also tail stand, and give quick direct access to Turbo modes and Strobe, something that is a must have for a high performance tactical flashlight.

In addition to the easy user interface, Nitecore also developed a new detachable clip, which is held in place via the tail cap, removing the problem some clips have of getting pulled off by accident.

A number of optional compatible accessories are available too. NTW40 traffic wand, NDF40 diffuser, weapon mounts (GM02MH, GM03, GM04), TSL10i signal light, and a USB-C remote switch RSW2i. The SRT6i can be tuned to your needs, it’s a comprehensive tactical lighting solution, ideal for law enforcement; the long range beam particularly well suited for hunting or search and rescue.

Weather resistance is IP68 resisting dust and water submersion up to 2 metres. A strong tactical bezel can break tempered glass with ease, or be used for self defense.

Nitecore SRT6i Key Features

• Powerful long range tactical beam up to 510 metres in turbo mode
  • Specially designed 4th generation “Smart Ring” to quickly select modes and power levels
  • Dual switches in the U shape tail cap, offer instant access to momentary and strobe modes (strobe ready)
  • Constant current output, no flickering
  • Fast charging via the built in Type-C port (3 hours 15 minutes)
  • New clip design is locked into place via tail cap, prevents the clip coming off by accident
  • 2 stage battery level indicator, with critical battery level warning
  • IP68 water resistance with a drop proof rating of 2 metres
  • HA III miliatry grade aluminum body with hardened bezel and silicon nitride ceramics
  • for powerful breaking abilities. Anti scratch glass coating
  • High capacity 5000mAh 21700 rechargeable Li-ion battery with up to 70 hours run time
  • Compatible with a wide range of Nitecore accessories including weapon mounts and wands/diffusers

What do you think of Nitecore SRT6i?

Thanks Noda for the great review, again!
Nice regulated output.
I just got the one I ordered today.It had the proper instructions.

No 1lm or moonlight mode. Pity

If it does not take a regular battery, and you have to use proprietary Nitecore batteries, it’s a pass for me.

It is powered by Nitecore i series batteries

me too. Otherwise it looked good. Nitecore can’t seem to help themselves.

Yeah, amen to that. Love my old SRT light, really wish they would just keep the good thing and update that light to 21700 and newer ,Hi CRI LEDs.

I love my SRT5. I would have bought this immediately if it uses the stepless mode and uses regular battery.

What LED is in there?

The manufacturer did not clearly indicate the LED model, but only said the high-performance LED

I don’t like Nitecore the quality is too good.

I use my SRT7GT almost every evening, great light. Love the continuously variable output of the smart ring. This SRT6i seems like a step backward, even if it is brighter.