Which Asgard (CW or NW) are you buying?

You can see the archived poll results on the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20221220093741/https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/72630

I think Asgard is better as CW, but it will be even better when modded to XM-L2 NW (or de-domed XM-L2 CW, on Sinkpad, of course ;))

what about you ohaya?

I think CW for me, probably pull the trigger this weekend

Hold on, I have to go look to see what I ordered… I think CW…
Edit: Yup, XM-L2 T6 1C. This is one of my favorite thrower tints. I used it in an HD2010; very nice.

prolly a CW for me. has anyone seen any beam shots of them yet?

That’s a good question :)!

I think that if I do order an Asgard, I will go with a CW. I’m still not at the point that I’m very sensitive to tint yet (unless it’s horrible), but, so far, in the lights that I’ve gotten that are CW vs. NW, I really do notice differences in brightness/lumens, so unless a CW is really horrible, I’m still going with CW.

Just my opinion though, since I know that lots of people do prefer NW (but I’m not voting in my own poll :)!)…

Edit: BTW, that’s why I was surprised about the pricing. I did understand that one was XM-L vs. XM-L2, but usually, I get a CW a little cheaper than an NW.

Edit 2: BTW, does anyone know how to see the current results of the poll? This was the first one for me :)…

I’m the only neutral lol. Should come as no surprise to those that know me. I am a friggin warm tint zealot! :stuck_out_tongue:

Even in throwers I prefer NW, if given the option. If warm was an option I would consider that too, but for this application not sure warm is a great fit.

Still not certain I am going to buy this light though. Thinking about it…

i did not vote because i wont buy the Asgard, too big of a light. but i am saving bucks for the Biondi or eventually the Christo.

:D

I wonder what runtimes are on these. I love the modes, I wonder if it’s worth trading from an EA4 to this. I know they’re two different lights, but my EA4 is my main, all-around light- but I’d like it to have a few more modes. It looks like if I got the NW I really wouldn’t be sacrificing anything other than the size.

^you mean like the EA8 modes? (which the EA4 should have come with)

Kinda hard to compare the two, as you acknowledged. The Asgard is definitely bigger. Requires li-ions. And I am pretty confident has more throw (but I own neither light).

I ordered one of the first so I’m xm-l2 1c, I expect I’ll like it but if not, it’ll get my other xm-l2 nw then I can start ordering noctigon xm-l2 and xp-g2.

I agree with Haterade, my favorite thrower is my xp-g2 3d convoy l2, it throws like crazy but has a lovely tint to it.

Not sure I will buy the light.
But if I did, it would be with NW, mainly because its cheaper. The light would get emitter swap anyway. The NW emitter would be better suited for other lights if I decided to use it.

BTW, I just found the “Results” tab … DUH :)….

Looks like CW is ahead, 4-to-1 at this point.

Also BTW, I haven’t decided whether or not to get it, and this poll was part of my decision-making process :), but the clock is ticking towards 5/31 :(, so I’m going to have to decide soon :)…

What neutral lights do you have already?

The only NW light I have is an EagleTac D25A Ti Clicky NW (I think that’s what it’s called) that I bought early on, and that was actually the one that kind of got me to not get NW lights after that.

why do you say that? a dreaded case of the green tint?

What’s in a Name? and I’m given to mispronounce, but I can’t help thinking it’s something you might put on a public toilet seat: Flex Asgard.

Lol

Has Fasttech said when the other lights might be announced or priced?