Jacob A60 - first impressions

Did you see ILF's thread where ezarc posted that DX status is "waiting on supplier"? Might be a long wait again!

I wonder if this is a driver where you can do the "resistor" mod to drop that 5 mins wait down to a few seconds. I never noticed the 5 min wait on my Dongrui (perhaps it's the same). I thought mine always came on in the next mode.

-Garry

In my case the "waiting for supplier" status endured for 2 1/2 months, until I complained. This time I don't care much, as long as I get it.

I read about the resistor mod when the same behavior of the Small Sun aspherical was discussed. I might look into that once I have the backup, not before. I must admit I'm not comfortable with those microscopic driver components. Wink

My second A60 order has been notified shipped two days after order placed!

Does that mean the end of the recent DX troubles?

I for one hope so :-) For your sake since I'm on a resisting binge!

My second A60 arrived today, 15 days after placing order. Real fast, even by the old DX standards.

No difference from the first one: same hard to clean lens, same (battery dependant) current pull and same powerful beam, although with a bit of a doughnut hole this time.

EDIT: I'm not very picky about tint, so I noticed only after some more comparing to my other throwers - both my A60 samples have a warmer tint, neutral perhaps.

Got mine today, the lens is scratched on the inside and has finger prints on the inside and outside.

The tail cap looks dirty/used, missing a little anodising in various places and the box it was in was badly crushed.

But it works good for the price.

I got this lamp too, btw any chance this driver can be reprogrammed? I really hate the strobe mode!

Aura Buy has the A60

LINK
$14.36 and they may even have it in stock!

Just emailed them to see if they REALLY have it. I’ve tried to buy some recently from other vendors and they refunded my money saying they can’t get it. I’ll post the response.

Ok thanks for the info

Ooops - 5 months later.. I upgraded a couple of A60's with this driver from I-O: http://www.intl-outdoor.com/amc71353-5mode-circuit-board-nanjg-ak47c20-p-596.html. The 2 mode, or Lo/Med/Hi mode sets work great in the Jacob. If you double up the 7135's to get 2.1A (or use 2.45A w/double stack), seems about perfect for this emitter/light combo. Though the description says the mode memory is screwed up, I found it seems to come up consistently in the last mode even after hours/days.

Yep, it’s really in stock…

“Dear Customer:

Wecome to Aurabuy.com!
This item is in stock.You can place the order.
SKU:FLFA1XX01137B

Sincerely
Aurabuy.com.

2013-01-19
Aurabuy.com

Thats good!

Everyone that wants get them while there hot!!!

Did you or anyone ever order this light from here? If so did you get it?

I just ordered one, we’ll see what happens.

Next mode memory won’t be an issue as it’ll be direct drive within days of receiving it J)

Sweet! If everything goes good i can see a trend starting again!

Quite possible, I think I have a couple of good xre’s too, we’ll see what this bad boy can do….if one turns up. :bigsmile:

Think I might try and slip in a xpg2 in one today and see if the results were as good as yours with the UF-v3.

Edit - waiting on my light meter so I guess I will take readings first then mod it!

Should be, I was impressed with a conservative 2a drive current. How are you planning on driving the xp-g2?