Anyone knows source for flexible #26 or #28 teflon wire, smaller quantities?

I tried IlluminationSupply and it's rather stiff... It actually broke after I soldered it and tried to bent it while pushing into pill...

Also, anyone knows where to get #28 with THIN insulation... kind of like few people used to make E-series tower... Have no idea where to get thin wire like that...

I get my cables from here:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=466

Cheap and good!

I get my 26 awg teflon wire from ebay seller johnswireshop.com.It has a thinner insulator and is plenty flexible.For around $6,you get 25 feet of quality wire.I'm doing some custom triple xpg modules and the wire has given me zero problems.Hope that helps you!

+1, me too.

Teflon coated wire is much stiffer than regular wire though. Between the teflon coating and the silver coated wire, it's a lot less flexible than regular wire. I just bought some Solid 26ga teflon coated wire. Bet that will be fun!

Can't access to hobbyking for some strange reason...

As for johnswireshop, I will try to find it on ebay... thanks for response, guys... I do understand due to silvery thing and teflon itself that it has to be a little stiffer but I know there are few teflons that are flexible enough for me to squeeze inside E-series incan head w/o fearing it will break somewhere in the process...

Regardless of the type insulation i'd stick with stranded wire, and the more strands the better. Much less chance of wire breakage and way easier to conform and mold in close quarters.

Would this info collected and collated make a good sticky? Different wire types, guages, sources, and uses all in one place.

I pot the wire connections in fujic to help as strain relief as I have had this problem too.

Heh… I searched for #28 AWG Teflon wire and came up with MY OLD THREAD… I forgot I ever started it… I did try to order some stuff from ebay but never got around getting #28 that’s thin enough to make SF E-series tower…

I saw that IlluminationSupply has #28 AWG and I was wondering how thick in total that wire is… Does anyone here has that wire on hand and hopefully a digital caliper to measure outer diameter of it ???

Also… about to use google-fu but while we’re at the subject, as Rufusbduck suggested in his last post about a year ago, if I have two-part driver with electronics inbetween two boards, can I pot it safely with Fujik glue ? Is Fujik supposed to be 100% electrical insulator like Arctic Alumina Thermal Epoxy is?

One thing I always do in my mods lately is add more strength to soldered point by covering with Arctic Alumina… it’s tough, saves the connection and protect from unwanted jinks… but was thinking about Fujik being enough stiff for inner parts of drivers, I just have this wondering about conductivity…

I’ve been potting with Fujik all along without issue even on Taskled drivers. It works well to keep wires from snapping off and is also what I use to fill up my solitaire pills.

Thanks for reply… I do have one Solarforce driver 3.6-9V 3-mode which is just tested and he’s going to get first “bath” in Fujik - just stuff cavity in it for more ruggedness…