Another nice surprise -- Foy improves on perfection

The kindness and thoughtfulness of many members here on BLF never ceases to amaze me. The other day I went to the post office and received yet another package that I never ordered! Inside I found...

Foybezels!

If you have no idea what a Foybezel is, that's perfectly excusable. But if you do a search here for "Foybezel" you'll see the history of this aesthetic creation by our own member, the one and only Foy. In the title of this post, I state that what I received improves on perfection. How so? Well, the line of P60 hosts by Solarforce are widely regarded as the best value in budget flashlights, bar none. Paired with a nice XM-L dropin and a good 18650 battery, a Solarforce flashlight provides an unbeatable combination of utility, brightness, and practicality at a truly reasonable price. Additionally, most Solarforce designs are extremely pleasing to the eye in terms of aesthetics... with one glaring exception-- the bezel. Now, I have a theory that Solarforce ships their lights by default with an ugly bezel on purpose. They hope that you will buy the beautiful light and then spend additional money on a nice looking smooth bezel. So Foy decided to resolve this issue by creating the Foybezel, a custom-made smooth stainless steel bezel for P60 hosts.

I personally hate bezels with crenelations, spikes, ridges, etc. I own three Solarforce L2P bodies, all with a rather ugly crenelated bezel. So you can imagine my elation when I received this package from Foy with two beautifully smooth, shiny, simple, stainless steel bezels. They look simply perfect on my L2P bodies:

Notice that he sent me two variants: A standard thickness bezel (top), and a really slick low profile bezel (bottom). I love them both. The aesthetic improvement offered by a Foybezel is readily apparent, as can be noted in this side-by-side comparison with a standard Solarforce bezel:

The difference is just like night and day. Thanks so much to Foy for his kindness and thoughtfulness, and congratulations on creating these simply beautiful bezels that improve on perfection.

Beautiful! And well deserved.

+1

And very classy move, Foy.

Definitely well deserved! Way to go Foy!

So, Foy is giving away presents for his birthday. Definately not usual, but a nice move. Those look absolutely beautiful!

Great timing Foy and we just jumped over the 3000 user mark. From now on Foy's birthday is known as international bezelday. ;-)

Nice move Foy!

Foytastic looking bezel, very foyful gesture!

nice work foy!

I'm thinking BLF is not anywhere near paying back the hours that must go into maintaining this site with all us yahoos carrying on like we do. He won't accept a dime from any of us so, there must be some other motivation for his efforts. We are all in your debt, Mr. Admin and I for one, am grateful.

Foy

me too

Yeah... it's been a while since I last have seen a "recreational" post from Mr. Admin. I hope he still gets enjoyment and fun out of BLF and doesn't see it more and more as a burden.

Someday see if you can coerce Foy into revealing how he creates his Foy-bezel and you'll have a new appreciation for the time effort and care involved in each of them.Somewhat similar to old lumens file work .Handcrafted artistry which includes "tacoquitos"...as well as blood sweat and tears .

thank-you again for mine ..

If Foy is your friend

you have a good friend

wait a minute .... He got two ??

Note to self ....Kill foy

Foylegendbezels