E1320 Dropin

Hi there,

I didn't want to just drop this post at the end of the p60 dropin sales thread. Erik made me a nice XRE Cool White - 5 mode with a smooth reflector. I really love it. I took some lux readings on it to compare it to some other lights I had laying around. All readings were made with a cheap MASTECH meter, indoors, at 2 meters. As such, I don't really know what they mean but I thought they would at least give a good ratio.

UniqueFire G10 (1AA light with @1/2" reflector) - 210 Lux

Manafont XML P60 Smooth - 2400 Lux

Erik XML P60 Smooth - 3000 Lux

Dry 3xXML on Turbo - 5800 Lux

SolarForce MPP1 - Fluctuating like crazy between 9500 and 10,500 Lux , very slight movement of body having a big impact on the readings

Erik's new XRE p60 - 2700 Lux, this one was weird because it looked pretty hot. I would have guessed at least equal to the 3000 from his XML. I have to say that I don't usually do this kind of thing. I just ceiling bounce my toys when I get them so I might not be doing the best possible job.

Erik's XRE wrapped and dropped into the MPP1 - between 11,800 and 12,200. Again, maybe a little lower than I thought. I could not do the stock bulb side by side with his XRE but it seemed noticeably brighter. More than 15%.

Anyway let me say again that this is a great dropin. Its got great punch for its size and is well made (of course). Definitely worth a look.

Thanks for sharing. Those new XRE R2 EZ1000s are incredibly bright they actually pull 2.8 amps. I am glad you confirmed this with a meter. I thought I was loosing my mind at first when I saw how bright they are. Easily the brightest XREs I have ever seen, thanks again.

Where are you getting those XRE R2 EZ1000s ? You have me v.interested...

I got them from LCKLED here is the link.

http://www.lck-led.com/cree-emitter-16mm-base-p-623.html?cPath=37_107

Thanks.