Deal Alert!!!!!

The seller had a knockout price going, $17.09 for a Keygos-Ke-5 Clone, but they still had “MAKE AN OFFER” too… So, being true to the Budgeteer’s Creed, I made a couple offers, they accepting $16.09 with free shipping. :wink:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280837431496?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I put the same offer in. Looks like a Ultrafire UF-980

Does anyone know if that is the same light? Is it a good deal?

nice…even if the driver sucks 5$ for a nangj will make this a nice light!

I tend to us my old gambler’s saying. “It is a cop and a blow”… :wink: That is how it is with the Chinese vendors. This one just came in the mail today, same thing, only copper colored and from Manafont, it was $18.66 free shipping. I slammed a cheapo UF 18650 in it, result, super bright light. I am smiling from ear to ear.

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/sltrfire-cree-xml-t6-1000lumen-5mode-led-flashlight-copper-18650-p-10050

However, I PREFER black…

Again, you ask is it a good light? Well, I got two Kegos Ke-5, crazy about them. This Manafont clone looks to be just as good or better, and the one for $16.90 I am betting is just as good. So, good, I will get another one, and another one ffrom Manafont. I am a sucker for a cheap good light!! :wink:

The reason I get doubles, is because I run them on my bikes in pairs…

I have the original 980L, and I also bought what I thought was the FandyFire clone in bronze colour from ebay, when I got it, it was branded TrustFire, but has 3 rounded flats machined on the battery tube like my X9, and thats where the logo is. The clone is still a good light though, I think it is 90% as good as the 980L, both in brightness and quality, body and machining are good, parts from one fit the other, it is almost as bright but the tint is not as warm and the spot slightly larger, there is a bit of a ring corona around the centre spot, but you don’t notice it in use. Considering the price, I think it’s a bargain.

This one is listed as an A9, and apart from being black and having the same body (in the pictures at least) as the real 980L (no flats on battery tube), there are a couple of differences from the 980L, and they look to be the same differences my clone has. The clone’s reflector tightly encircles the LED, where the 980L’s has some space around it. Perhaps this explains the slight ringiness of the clones beam.

My clone has alloy bezels, and they are slightly thicker than the 980L’s stainless ones.

The bodies are almost identical, one of the machined grooves, where the battery tube screws into the head, appears slightly narrower. It could just be the battery tube screws in a little further, insignificant, but I think it makes the overall length a mm or two less. The threads are the same and the parts swap no problem.

The 980L has a naked spring inside the tail cap, the clone has a brass cap over it’s spring.

The clone feels a little lighter too (npi) but I haven’t weighed it.

The clone is also 5 mode and the 980L 3 with no discos. Both have mode memory. Sorry, my mistake, the clone has no memory, it always starts on high after a couple of minutes. The original has mode memory.

The clone actually has thicker GITD O-rings, so should be reasonably waterproof

The clone tail stands, the original, as it came, does not.

I ordered a couple of these black versions because I really like the size, style and brightness of this light. If they are as good as my bronze clone, at this price I will be very happy. If they are as good as the original 980L, I will be ecstatic! Good luck :slight_smile:

Same here!! :wink: The one I got from Manafont is sweet. I am betting this $16.09 just as sweet. I am almost ready to ordered the 2nd one before I even check out the first one!! :slight_smile:

Luck to you too…

I don’t want to hijack your thread, but is this the same as the manafont sltrfire light? It’s only 14.39 now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREE-T6-LED-Flashlight-Torch-500-Lumens-5-Mode-Aluminum-/290718890433?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item43b03239c1

Oh man... that's the KE-5 I believe, and at $14! What's with this rush of cheap XM-L lights all of a sudden?

Just to summarize a few:

$17 UF980L
$14 KE-5
$13 C8

How nice are these! I just bought 3pcs UF2100 at $9.89 apiece from DD... that's the biggest XM-L deal IMO otherwise I would jump on one of these.

Add this to the list 10$:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1000LM-Lumens-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-Dark-brown-flashlight-/140758068723?\_trksid=p4012.m1374&\_trkparms=algo%3DUPI.GIROS%26its%3DI%252BC%252BS%26itu%3DUCI%252BUCC%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D3007

First off, no such thing as highjacking with me. :bigsmile: Anytime somebody got something better to add, that is not high jacking, that is HELPING… :slight_smile:

Going to check it out to see if it is the same, if so, I am double up on this… :wink:

Dammit, Ebay is blocked at work… grrrr…

Will have to wait until I get home to see that.

Anyone here have one of these 4 lights? How do you like them?

Um, i’m currently winning a bid on a “trustfire” (the picks had ultrafire blurred and its a c8) it claims to be an xm-l, comes with two cells and charger………currently winning at $1.98 with $2 shipping…… I’m not holding my breath and my maximum bid is $4 but if I win and it’s really an xm-l then it’ll be a c8 xm-l for max six dollars or about four quid.

As I say, I’m not suggesting its an xintdc8, but if its a functional xm-l I’ll be doing naked cartwheels down the street in celebration tbh regardless of thread quality, modes, drive current, hollow pill or anything else :bigsmile: we shall see, the auction runs out on the 28th…

They accepted my $16.09 bid and I bought it. I actually need a few single 18650 lights so I am glad to be getting it. I also ordered a Sky Ray King, UF-2100, and C8 type light from DD. I shoukd be well stocked once I get my lights in. Now I have to find some laptop batteries to feed them.

You gotta a lot of lights coming!! :wink:

You know, it is super fun getting new lights, and when we find the great deals, just adds to the fun. :wink:

I put in an offer of $16.09 . It’s been a couple of hours since, not sure if they work on weekends. If so great, if not life goes on :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks for the heads up on the deals

I bought one of these.

Well, I hope everyone who got one is pleased. Mine is going to be a bike light for my spare bike.

All mine are bike lights!! :wink: IMO, these lights are the perfect form factor for bicycle applications. Tip, get some good cells… :wink:

I got it today. The bezel is aluminum not SS. It is kind of sharp but the rest of the body is machined and finished really well. Feels nice in the hand. Has a hot spot with a reasonable amount of spill around it. Has rings in the beam pattern but not old style Maglite levels of rings.

Looks like the $14 one is the same light and is a better deal if so. That said, I paid $16.09 shipped and feel it is a decent light for the money. Not a barn burner of a deal but worth the price for sure.

The more 18650 lights I get the more I think my $13 DX deal for the Fandyfire 2011 I got a few months back was a great deal. I really like that light and think people should pick one up.